alleaeon
smart moves with your tax refund
January 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

Replies

• supermomz25
    January 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

paying off a significant portion of our debt.

• MrsRobinson06
    January 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    Paying off our only debt, putting a down payment on a house, and car repairs. That's our plan.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM

We don't splurge with our return.  We pay several months of rent in advance, pay off all monthly bills that have premiums (such as car insurance), and put the rest in savings. :)

• little.worthen

i decided if we get any back this year, we arent going to get a new "present" for ourselves. i am not planning to spend any of it and i am going to put it all into savings. then after i have it i'm going to take a look at where we are financially and then make decisions on the best way to spend the money

• Tooth_Inspector
    Paying off bills and getting a few months ahead on all our regular bills. We would like to re carpet our livin room as it badly needs it before our baby starts crawling.
  • spastic_poodle
    I have no debt. I always put refunds into savings.
  • momma4vr
    January 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

i need a new car and im buying a new bed. 

• teri4lance
    January 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    We fine tune our deduction to reduce our refund to the minimum so there isn't much to plan for.
  • ladybuglove08
    January 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    We usually pay for sports (baseball registration, dance recital fees, and soccer) the rest in savings
  • MissTacoBell
    January 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    Savings. Medical bills. Rope to tie up my 5 year old...the usual.