The CafeMom Newcomers Club

alleaeon
smart moves with your tax refund
January 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

Replies

• supermomz25
    January 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

paying off a significant portion of our debt.

• MrsRobinson06
    January 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    Paying off our only debt, putting a down payment on a house, and car repairs. That's our plan.
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    January 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM

We don't splurge with our return.  We pay several months of rent in advance, pay off all monthly bills that have premiums (such as car insurance), and put the rest in savings. :)

• little.worthen

i decided if we get any back this year, we arent going to get a new "present" for ourselves. i am not planning to spend any of it and i am going to put it all into savings. then after i have it i'm going to take a look at where we are financially and then make decisions on the best way to spend the money

• Tooth_Inspector
    Paying off bills and getting a few months ahead on all our regular bills. We would like to re carpet our livin room as it badly needs it before our baby starts crawling.
  • spastic_poodle
    I have no debt. I always put refunds into savings.
  • momma4vr
    January 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM

i need a new car and im buying a new bed. 

• teri4lance
    January 1, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    We fine tune our deduction to reduce our refund to the minimum so there isn't much to plan for.
  • ladybuglove08
    January 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    We usually pay for sports (baseball registration, dance recital fees, and soccer) the rest in savings
  • MissTacoBell
    January 1, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    Savings. Medical bills. Rope to tie up my 5 year old...the usual.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN