The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
alleaeon
smart moves with your tax refund
January 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

Replies

• tansyflower
    January 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM

IF we get a return it will go towards things that will save us money, like an inexpensive car (instead of his truck) for dh to drive to work or insulation for the attic. 

• SJF1989
    by SJF1989
    January 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    Mine is buying a cheapish car. Currently I don't have one. Walking four miles to worn then four miles back at like midnight is kind of cold. And my son and I are moving in my my parents. I'm hoping that ill have enough for a deposite for an apartment. And the rest goes to whatever my son needs, not wants.
  • LntLckrsCmQut
    January 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Ours goes right into savings but we don't get much back.

• th78
    by th78
    January 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM
    We're going to pay off our camper
  • rainmommy
    January 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM

i plan on moving out of this hell hole of a state I've been stick in my whole life and starting fresh else where I'm aiming for Colorado but I'm open to some where else to

• cstargarner
    January 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM

We're spending ours towards in vitro.  So it's not saving or anything but it does mean a lot to me and we're not just blowing it on junk.

• TableforSeven
    January 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I guess using it to pay down debt is the best idea.  Then go to you employer and your DH/SO employer and update your info so that less taxes are kept out of your paychecks and you have your money to use throughout he year....not having to get it back at the end of the year.

• TS9509
    by TS9509
    January 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    Paying off my medical bills/credit card from my knee injury in November and putting the rest in savings.
  • got2monsters
    January 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM
    im paying up my tuition since its not covered by grant money, paying up my car insurance, buying a washer and dryer, paying off my stove, paying off the loan i had for my sons surgery, and putting up enough to cover four mths of daycare so i can go to school.
  • Sassy01
    by Sassy01
    January 1, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    We are going toget me some kind of vehicle so i can get to and from dr. Appts, physical therapy and so i can get groceries, my blazer blew the motor and we dont have $4,000 to put a new engine in it right now. So i need a rig to drive while we are saving up for it.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts