The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
alleaeon
smart moves with your tax refund
January 1, 2013 at 8:59 PM

tax season is right around the corner, and for those of us who are getting a return, anticipating spending is a must! I was wondering what some of you will be doing with your chunk of change to get some fresh ideas for myself....ya know, besides splurging on a new car, clothes etc. I'm over all of that and can wait for those things when I am able to afford them. Right now, I'm trying to move my family and myself forward, not stay stuck in the present!

Replies

• Ilaynasmommy
    January 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    Bills during maternity leave
  • -42-
    by -42-
    January 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    That's what we do.

We boring, lol

Quoting PEEK05:

We don't splurge with our return.  We pay several months of rent in advance, pay off all monthly bills that have premiums (such as car insurance), and put the rest in savings. :)

• alexsmomma06
    January 1, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    Putting it all(if we get any) towards or mortgage.
  • Paparazzi5bling
    January 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM

paying off debt.

• audreesmama
    January 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    This.

We also invest a portion, put a portion into emergency fund, put some in our kids' college funds, etc. Our return isn't get big but we also get dh's bonus end of February for his bday. He gets a large bonus plus both of our tax returns.

Quoting PEEK05:

We don't splurge with our return.  We pay several months of rent in advance, pay off all monthly bills that have premiums (such as car insurance), and put the rest in savings. :)

• carter210
    January 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    Moving and paying rent a few months in advanced.

We've been living with my mom for a while now and are so excited to be able to move out finally! We want to use our refund to pay off several months of rent and most of our car. Yay!!
  • singlemama0905
    January 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    No refund...I'll be paying in..
  • ARPsMom
    by ARPsMom
    January 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    Pay up on car and house insurance. Going on a weekend vacation. Getting a new computer. New tires on my van.
  • mehere123
    January 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    Paying off some debt. Then using the money I save from those bills every month to make bigger payments on our other debt. My goal for this year is to try to get out of debt and stay out of it.
  • weezer_cookie
    January 1, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    We usually put it into savings. Then we use it to pay various bills throughout the year, mostly insurance.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN