ebbierowe
"You don't look old enough to have 3 kids.." * Edit for those that think the kids look like me..*another edit -Thank You
December 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM

That is what I was told by two cashier yesterday.

I was buying shoes with my 3 kids (15 years, 11 years and 11 months). My 15 year old was holding my 11 month old and the cashier asked who the baby belonged to. They thought my youngest belong to my oldest.

I told him all three of my kids were mine. They seemed shocked. Now obviously I am old enough to have 3 kids cause I have 3 kids. And I can accept the fact that they thought I looked young, but I thought that was just an odd statement...

Anyway this is me (I am 36):

and here are my kids..

I think I look old enough to be their mommy...what do you think?

I do appreciate looking younger and I always say thank you. I don't mind being told I look younger. I just never heard I looked to young to have 3 kids....It is usually that I look to young to have a 15 year old

*EDIT...for those that think the kids look like me...this is m DH ( I think the look more like him)

Thank you all for the compliments :-)

I don't mind looking younger (even though I don't think I really look that young. I would say mayber early 30s, but I really do think I look 36.)

I wasn't upset or anything by what the cashiers. I took it as a compliment I just thought it was weird to say I didn't look old enough to have 3 kids...I know people younger then me with more kids :-)

And yeah my DH is pretty hot too (for those of you that thought he was) ;-)

Replies

• AJnEsMama
    January 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Gorgeous family!! You do look young (and beautiful) and I can't tell your height but you look slender, so if you are not real tall maybe that contributes? I look young for my age and I think some of it has to do with me being 5'2 but I may be wrong. I think they look like both of you. : ) Maybe the person meant the ages but worded it different to be less offensive or something? Who knows.

• Basherte
    January 4, 2013 at 7:27 AM

You and your husband make a gorgeous couple. 

I think that the kids look like they got the best from each of you. Look like a perfect melding of your two's love for each other. 

• ebbierowe
    January 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM
    Quoting AJnEsMama:

Gorgeous family!! You do look young (and beautiful) and I can't tell your height but you look slender, so if you are not real tall maybe that contributes? I look young for my age and I think some of it has to do with me being 5'2 but I may be wrong. I think they look like both of you. : ) Maybe the person meant the ages but worded it different to be less offensive or something? Who knows.

I am 5'4 and not as slim as I could be...lol

I wasn't offended...more like perplexed..cause I know alot of people with more kids then me and younger then me

• vevespears
    January 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    First girl u have such beautiful girls and a handsome young man, but I think I know where the look came from both of u are good looking people. I def don't think you look Ur age but for a 36 having those 3 kids... Man!!! Seriously what's ur secret?
  • LeiOKeOla
    January 5, 2013 at 2:08 AM
    You could pass for 29. You look like you have great gene's. I'm.36 myself and many think I'm between 22 and 33. My intermediate friend had her first @ 12 1/2, now that is a baby having a baby. Ignore the nosey people . It's their bad not.yours. You're beautiful, you have beautiful children . You started your family at fair/good age.
  • MzMaDeA
    by MzMaDeA
    January 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

You look great.  I can appreciate what you are going through.  For many years I went through much the same thing with everyone telling me that I looked too young to have my two children.  That kind of got ramped up when my first grandchild came along.  Now I have the second great grandchild on the way.  Keep looking beautiful.

• lilluv70
    January 6, 2013 at 7:59 PM

What a beautiful family you have!  You look old enough to have 3 kids but you don't look 36.  I would've guessed 26.  I'm 42 and have 5 kids ages 19-2 and people say the same thing to me.  I do think it's weird because although I appreciate the compliment of looking younger than my age, I'm not THAT young looking...LOL  Even if I look 30 or so, that's still old enough to have children...LOL

• ebbierowe
    January 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM

lol...yeah that was kind of my point. I get them saying I don't look old enough to have a 15 year old (even though I think I do). But to say I didn't look old enough to have 3 kids seemed weird...I mean I could be 22 with 3 kids close in age...heck for all that I could be 19 with 3 kids...you never know :-)

Quoting lilluv70:

What a beautiful family you have!  You look old enough to have 3 kids but you don't look 36.  I would've guessed 26.  I'm 42 and have 5 kids ages 19-2 and people say the same thing to me.  I do think it's weird because although I appreciate the compliment of looking younger than my age, I'm not THAT young looking...LOL  Even if I look 30 or so, that's still old enough to have children...LOL

• MellyMel1984
    January 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Hey I just had to comment on this topic.. I am Melissa. I am a single parent of 3. My oldest is going to be 10 in May, next oldest will be 6 in April, and my youngest is 4 months. I always get complimented by people always as soon my kiddos say or yell, "MOM!".. I once sat in a hospital waiting room for an hour waiting as a walk-in, saw a lady get called before me when she came after me. So I stepped to the desk and asked just what I was waiting for. The lady receptionist responded, "Oh hun, we're waiting for your mom." I responded, "My mom?" She replied, "Yes.. minors are not allowed without an adult." lol lol .. In a store my boys wanted to see merchandise that was behind the glass display. As the worker was showing my boys, my boys asked me, "What about this mom?" The lady gave me a puzzled look and asked, "Did they just call you mom?" I answered, "Yes, I they are my children".. the worker then jokingly responded, "Let me drink whatever water you're drinking." lol lol I am 28 years old.. Been told I look 16, 17, 19.. lol

These are my children.. 9.. 5.. and 4 months...

• ivy605
    by ivy605
    January 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM

it is all God's doing lucky you!!!.