WenisEnvy
What the hell is up with her?!
December 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Charmony has been throwing these ungodly temper tantrums for almost 2 weeks now and they are getting the best of me. It's to the point that she throws herself on the floor and tries to bang her head on the floor and at naptime and bedtime today, all she did was scream and kick and she even kicks the wall. Anybody else deal with this or have dealt with this with your kids and if so, how did you deal with it or handle it??

Replies

• _WC_Mama
    December 31, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I can't say either of my Kids ever had tantrums that bad,yes they had tantrums but not like that,how old is Charmony ?.

• activitymode
    December 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    Can't say I have dealt with that m
  • WenisEnvy
    December 31, 2012 at 12:43 AM
    She's almost 18 months
  • charmgirl
    December 31, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    Wow.
  • WenisEnvy
    December 31, 2012 at 12:45 AM
    Wow what? I never had issues like this with my oldest
  • TableforSeven
    December 31, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Physically move her to a place where she can't hurt herself or anyone/anything else and just ignore it.  I know it is hard to ignore a screaming child....but that is the best way to deal with full-out tantrums.

• frndlyfn
    December 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I agree.   I know part of reason for tantrums is frustration but the extremeness needs to stop.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Physically move her to a place where she can't hurt herself or anyone/anything else and just ignore it.  I know it is hard to ignore a screaming child....but that is the best way to deal with full-out tantrums.

• momof3grls4517
    December 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM
    Good luck mama. I agree totally ignore her outburst even leaving the room so she see's your paying her no mind. My cousin use to act out like that. She would self harm. Don't really know how her parents handled it except holding her in their arms until she tired out.
  • nocalmegan
    December 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM
    My DD is almost 19m and she does the same thing. Everything is the end of the world with her. We either redirect her as best we can or we ignore her until she is done.