The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ninipanini
Does your town do this?
December 30, 2012 at 7:22 AM

For about 20 years now, one of the local attorneys in town, pays for cab rides to people who've had too much to drink.

They do it from Dec 1 through till about 1am on new years day.

now there are 3 attorneys in town that offer the service

Is there a free ride home in your town during the holidays?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 53% - Yes
  2. 42% - No
  3. 4% - Other

Replies

• NDADanceMom
    December 30, 2012 at 7:26 AM

I live in a dry town.  There is no public sales of alcohol.  There is no house in town that cant be walked to.  There are only about 70 houses and the town is less than a square mile. 

• ninipanini
    December 30, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Oh well, that would be silly to offer a service like that in your neck of the woods, LOL

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I live in a dry town.  There is no public sales of alcohol.  There is no house in town that cant be walked to.  There are only about 70 houses and the town is less than a square mile. 

• AjCeCeMom
    December 30, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    Yes, it's a bus that runs from 6pm until 3am. Unfortunately people just use it to bar hop rather than go home.. But hey, at least they aren't driving.
  • epoh
    by epoh
    December 30, 2012 at 7:30 AM
    I'd cry.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

• NDADanceMom
    December 30, 2012 at 7:32 AM

LOL there are bars 10 minutes away and liquor stores.  Its not so bad.  

Quoting epoh:

I'd cry.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

• ninipanini
    December 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM

LOL Me too.  We can buy beer, wine and liquor in our grocery stores.  I never realized this was unusual until  CM.  LOL

Quoting epoh:

I'd cry.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

• ninipanini
    December 30, 2012 at 7:35 AM

that's true, whatever gets you through the night, huh?  LOL

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Yes, it's a bus that runs from 6pm until 3am. Unfortunately people just use it to bar hop rather than go home.. But hey, at least they aren't driving.

• christina0607
    December 30, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I'v never heard of such a thing, so probably not.

• epoh
    by epoh
    December 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    We can only buy beer in ours. They recently repealed the blue laws forbidding sales on Sunday. Before that, I had to drive a whole 10 minutes to get to the next state over. Sheesh. ;)

Quoting ninipanini:

LOL Me too.  We can buy beer, wine and liquor in our grocery stores.  I never realized this was unusual until  CM.  LOL

Quoting epoh:

I'd cry.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

• epoh
    by epoh
    December 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM
    Phew

Quoting NDADanceMom:

LOL there are bars 10 minutes away and liquor stores.  Its not so bad.  

Quoting epoh:

I'd cry.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN