The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
momdoes
Attorney suing the state for 100M for survivor of school shooting. Really???
by momdoes
December 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM

The attorney is seeking permission for a $100 million lawsuit on behalf of a student who survived the Newtown, Conn., school shooting.

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — A New Haven attorney is asking permission to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a student who survived the mass shooting at a Newtown, Conn., school.

The Hartford Courant reports that attorney Irving Pinsky filed notice Thursday with Claims Commissioner J. Paul Vance Jr. The state has immunity against most lawsuits unless permission to sue is granted.

Pinsky said the 6-year-old student, identified as "Jill Doe," was in her classroom Dec. 14 at Sandy Hook Elementary School when "the horrific confrontation" with Adam Lanza came over the loudspeaker.

Lanza killed 20 first grade students and six adult staffers at the school before killing himself.

Pinsky said the student has been traumatized by the killings and accused the state of failing to protect students from "foreseeable harm."

Replies

• JulyBabies
    December 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM

A slap in the face to those whose children did not survive. Those parents would gladly pay $100 million for just another day with their kids. It's disgusting and all involved should be ashamed of themselves.

• Sagely
    by Sagely
    December 29, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    Hmm...
  • teri4lance
    December 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    Every single gun free zone has the responsibility to provide security for said defenseless people. I think this could be the first step in either removing gun free zones or provide adequate protection in them.
  • 2BBboys0509
    December 29, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Complete and total bullshit!! She wasn't even in the room she heard it over the loud speaker. What about the little boy who actually saw his teacher and friends get shot? He,if anyone should get some kind of compensation. I'm not saying she won't have any mental scars from hearing what happened,but everyone of those parents who's kids were killed that day would gladly spend that much money to have there kids back. I think it's horrible this family is trying to cash in on this tragedy.

• VarelaClan
    December 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    Greedy money hungry scumbag! Imagine what the parents of the students who were shot are feeling at this moment. At least their child is alive.
  • DSamuels
    December 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Despicable! Poor attorney will only get 1/3-1/2 of the money they win too. SMH

• teri4lance
    December 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM

These lawsuits - they aren't for money. They are for change. This is how the average citizen makes things change. This is what our judicial system is for. They have to pick an amount to sue for. This amount guarantees that they will garner the attention that this issue deserves. Gun free zones DON'T protect anyone. They simply disarm people against attack. If they are going to force people to be defenseless, then it IS their responsibility to keep them safe. TheyAre Failing. They are failing ALL OVER AMERICA. You guys - you shouldn't be mad at these people for trying to make a change - you should be wondering how your kid's schools are going to protect your children, and you should be scared as hell when you realize THEY CAN'T. 

• Presley77
    December 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM
    If this is happening just like that then I agree- greedy POS's. I'd gladly pay more than that to keep my child in my life and safe. I can't imagine how those parents must feel :(
  • Presley77
    December 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    If this is happening just like that then I agree- greedy POS's. I'd gladly pay more than that to keep my child in my life and safe. I can't imagine how those parents must feel :(
  • MissTacoBell
    December 29, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    You can't foresee a psychopath barreling into a school and gunning down kids.

Virginia tech couldn't and they, like sac state where I go to school, had armed guards.

What resolution do you propose? Or are you like so many who shout from the rooftops that there's something wrong but refuse to offer a viable solution.

It's like people claiming everyone laying down their guns will stop all war and prompt a world-wide verse of cume-bay-yah. You have to lay out the means for the change to occur. Don't just shout there's a problem.

How is making a school district and or state broker supposed to fix anything?

It IS about money.

Quoting teri4lance:

These lawsuits - they aren't for money. They are for change. This is how the average citizen makes things change. This is what our judicial system is for. They have to pick an amount to sue for. This amount guarantees that they will garner the attention that this issue deserves. Gun free zones DON'T protect anyone. They simply disarm people against attack. If they are going to force people to be defenseless, then it IS their responsibility to keep them safe. TheyAre Failing. They are failing ALL OVER AMERICA. You guys - you shouldn't be mad at these people for trying to make a change - you should be wondering how your kid's schools are going to protect your children, and you should be scared as hell when you realize THEY CAN'T. 

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts