The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ArisMom208
Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?
December 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Replies

• acaisha
    by acaisha
    December 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I honestly can say I would, because I have. When my son was charged with sexual assault I stood by him to get the help he needs. We don't have to love the things our children do, sometimes we will hate their actions to our very core. But they are our children and you can stand beside them without condoning or accepting their terrible behavioror.

• sweetmissy_05
    December 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Yes I would. That is part of being a parent and unconditional love.

• MomTiara19
    December 29, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I have seen alot of parents turn away from there adult children if they were gay or married another race.This has happened to a few of my friends.It amazes me that these same parents would probably stand behind them if they committed a heinous crime .....but have issues with who they chose to love.Will never get their logic?

• a06z08mama
    December 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    How is your son doing now??

Quoting acaisha:

I honestly can say I would, because I have. When my son was charged with sexual assault I stood by him to get the help he needs. We don't have to love the things our children do, sometimes we will hate their actions to our very core. But they are our children and you can stand beside them without condoning or accepting their terrible behavioror.

• PestPatti
    December 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Hard to say, currently neither has done anything that is detrimental to themselves or others. 

• MsRkg
    by MsRkg
    December 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM
    I would stand by his side no matter what he did. I might be forever disappointed in him but that doesn't mean that I would give up on him and stop loving him.
  • RheaF
    by RheaF
    December 29, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    No, I would not. I will love my Child no matter what. However, I could not support their decision to kill, rape, etc.
  • acaisha
    by acaisha

he is doing really well. He is in a foster home and attending a program for youth offenders in a city about 8 hours from us. He is here for Christmas though and its been really nice having him home.

Quoting a06z08mama:

Quoting acaisha:

• ArisMom208

Quoting MomTiara19:

I have seen alot of parents turn away from there adult children if they were gay or married another race.This has happened to a few of my friends.It amazes me that these same parents would probably stand behind them if they committed a heinous crime .....but have issues with who they chose to love.Will never get their logic?

No, thats stupid. I would honestly try my hardest to stand behind her no matter what, but the thought of my kid killing her own child; i dont even want to think about it. But i could care less about who she loves or marries as long as he or she treats my daughter right. 

• ArisMom208
    December 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I'm glad hes doing good now :)

Quoting acaisha:

he is doing really well. He is in a foster home and attending a program for youth offenders in a city about 8 hours from us. He is here for Christmas though and its been really nice having him home.

Quoting a06z08mama:

Quoting acaisha:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts