The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ArisMom208
Can you honestly said you would stand by your kids and support them no matter what?
December 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I know its easy to say you would until you were actually put in the situation but put yourself in the situation and could you honestly stand behind your kid and support them no matter what they did?

Like with all these stories on the news,  teenagers killing their newborns, casey anthony, the mom who prostituted out her two young girls (both under 10 years old)

situations like that, could you still stand by them even if found guilty?

hopefully, none of us will ever be in a situation like that.

Replies

• Cacophobia06
    December 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I would still love them, but hate thier actions.  I would do what it takes to get the help that they need no matter if they like it or not.  My goal would be to help them get on the right path, what ever it takes. 

• Dancing_Dragons
    December 29, 2012 at 6:23 PM

They are my kids and I will love them no matter what.

My answer however is no. If they ever did anything to harm a child, or kill a person in cold blood for selfish reasons, I would not support them.

• jaxonsmommy42
    December 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I will stand by my son if I believe he is innocent.
    But if there was a situation like the Casey Anthony case, I wouldn't be able to stand by him.
    I would love him no matter what he does - But I don't think I could stand by and chant "He's innocent",
    If I truely believed he wasn't.
    Now, I don't think I would be able to go public to say that he was a criminal - BUT I would do everything in my power to find out the truth because without truth it would be hard to know what side you should stand on.

• risaspieces
    December 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM
    I would stand by my child, but wouldn't pretend they were innocent if they were not.
  • AubreeG16
    December 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    Yes they all survived. They are all good now :)

Quoting ArisMom208:

Quoting AubreeG16:

Yes I would. If you heard about this story from Northern NY,

Mother Poisons Kids

A mother of three children is being accused by trying to kill her three children. She poisoned the kids' applesauce by lacing it with prescription and OTC drugs.

Police found the children in a hotel room semiconscious. All the children are listed in critical condition.

They found the mother in a cemetery, where she overdosed on antidepressants but is still alive. She was charged with assault and attemped murder and being held without bail. The woman was in the psychiatric hospital but was released before this happened.

She is my cousin(by marrige) and her dad comletly abandoned her. He never visits her, and wel neither does any of the family. Im not sure if her kids do. And the oldest 2 kids wont eat applesauce anymore. I wouldnt let my kid sit in prision and rot. I would visit, and make sure he/she was getting help

Wow, thats horrible. Did all three kids make it? I can see that two did, but you never mentioned the third. 

• NDADanceMom
    December 30, 2012 at 1:50 PM

When my kids are doing the right thing again I would stand by them if they did something terrible.  Lets say they were on meth and did all the terrible things you hear about that damages the entire family.  I would throw that child out but let them know I will  pay for rehab and house them as long as they stay sober.  I would not let a child do whatever they want and just allow it to happen with no consequences. 

• imuney
    by imuney
    December 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Yes. Standing by and condoning are not the same. I love my children unconditionally.

• RheaF
    by RheaF
    December 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM
    See, I don't see it like that. Supporting my child, IMO, would also mean supporting their decision. Like I said, I will love them no matter what.

Quoting LucyHarper:

Theres a huge difference between standing by your child, supporting them, and supporting their decision.

Quoting RheaF:

No, I would not. I will love my Child no matter what. However, I could not support their decision to kill, rape, etc.

• Ashley6515
    December 30, 2012 at 4:40 PM

100%. Although my boys are still super young, I will always support them no matter what. Even if they do something that we don't like, it'll always be our little babies inside.

• 1likeme
    by 1likeme
    December 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    I would not support my child if they commuted some sort of atrocity. I simply can't imagine any one of them doing anything you mentioned.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN