The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ebbierowe
S/o of the bra post...if you spend $10 on a bra * edit **another edit
December 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM
What kind is it? (Push up, demi, full coverage)

How long do they last?

What size are you? (If it isnt too personal)

I am just curious. I am a pretty average size I think (36D) and I prefer Victoria Secret, but I have purchased bras from penny's also. I havw gotten a few from target but I don't think I have ever gotten one for $10.

*I read somewhere that you should get a new one every 6 months, I read somewhere else was once a year...

** ok so I can now say I have purchased a bra for less the $10. However they were for my 15 year old daughter. Target is having a clearance sale and I got 5 bras for about $35

Replies

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    December 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    Have u ladies ever been to marshalls u can find bras there that are great that do not cost a lot
  • complextrina
    December 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    In a 34c and i get mine $10 roughly from target. I can't bring myself to spend a lot on a bra. If they don't have underwire my boobs will sag.
  • RheaF
    by RheaF
    December 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    I normally spend between $10-$15 on my bras and they last for a while. I just got rid of one that I wore for a year before the underwire came out. I was a 38 D. Since being pregnantI have gone up to a 38DD.
  • mikesmom65270
    December 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I'm a 40C, only wear sports bras except for very special occasions.  I can't stand hooks, straps falling down, etc. and sport bras are the most comfortable.  I've found a church locally that has a fund raiser once or twice a year with brand new clothing, including bras and panties, never worn, just taken out of the package.  I pay $2 for sports bras and 50 cents for Hanes underwear, just buy gobs of them when I can.  If I couldn't get those, I would buy the same thing at Wal-Mart for more money but still fairly reasonable.

• TableforSeven
    December 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I only wear sports bras....I don't find the other type comfortable.  I stock up occasionally at places like KMart.....and spend at most $10 for 2.

• JanuaryBaby06
    December 29, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I only wear Maidenforms. at the outlet i can usually get them 2 for 20 and at ross i can usually get 2 from anywhere from 11-15 for 2 when they have what i want.

I wear pushup (but no too much just enough to give support and keep me from sagging-lol)

I am a 34D, i wash a dry them in the washer and dryer and always keep them for ATLEAST 2 years. and usually chuck them only because they eventually get alittle ratty looking. i nevcer have a problem with padding or underwire. i love maidenform!!

• tristansmom74
    December 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    I love my 10 dollar bra. Bought it at walmart. Vasserette. Lasts forever. I used to buy VS bra's but they just got too weird.
  • 3lilladies81
    December 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    I wish I could get a bra for $10! Mine are more like $35 at layne Bryant I'm a 40DD though. I do find them at sears for $20 sometimes.
  • Tea4Tas
    by Tea4Tas
    December 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I am going to let you in  on a secret. My Dad worked for a company that made fleecewear (sweat shirts and hoodies and such)  in some of the sweatshirts they would sew a Fruit of the loom label. In others they would sew a Hanes label. In still others a chanmpion or Nike label.  The ones with the Nike labels would go to say Kpohls or Macys or Beals. The walmart ones would go to walmart-and sell for about half as much- SAME damned product.

• a06z08mama
    December 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    Same goes for car oil. Its all the same. Just different bottles with different names.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I am going to let you in  on a secret. My Dad worked for a company that made fleecewear (sweat shirts and hoodies and such)  in some of the sweatshirts they would sew a Fruit of the loom label. In others they would sew a Hanes label. In still others a chanmpion or Nike label.  The ones with the Nike labels would go to say Kpohls or Macys or Beals. The walmart ones would go to walmart-and sell for about half as much- SAME damned product.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts