The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ebbierowe
S/o of the bra post...if you spend $10 on a bra * edit **another edit
December 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM
What kind is it? (Push up, demi, full coverage)

How long do they last?

What size are you? (If it isnt too personal)

I am just curious. I am a pretty average size I think (36D) and I prefer Victoria Secret, but I have purchased bras from penny's also. I havw gotten a few from target but I don't think I have ever gotten one for $10.

*I read somewhere that you should get a new one every 6 months, I read somewhere else was once a year...

** ok so I can now say I have purchased a bra for less the $10. However they were for my 15 year old daughter. Target is having a clearance sale and I got 5 bras for about $35

Replies

• Apr1l
    by Apr1l
    December 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    Have u ladies ever been to marshalls u can find bras there that are great that do not cost a lot
  • complextrina
    December 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    In a 34c and i get mine $10 roughly from target. I can't bring myself to spend a lot on a bra. If they don't have underwire my boobs will sag.
  • RheaF
    by RheaF
    December 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    I normally spend between $10-$15 on my bras and they last for a while. I just got rid of one that I wore for a year before the underwire came out. I was a 38 D. Since being pregnantI have gone up to a 38DD.
  • mikesmom65270
    December 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I'm a 40C, only wear sports bras except for very special occasions.  I can't stand hooks, straps falling down, etc. and sport bras are the most comfortable.  I've found a church locally that has a fund raiser once or twice a year with brand new clothing, including bras and panties, never worn, just taken out of the package.  I pay $2 for sports bras and 50 cents for Hanes underwear, just buy gobs of them when I can.  If I couldn't get those, I would buy the same thing at Wal-Mart for more money but still fairly reasonable.

• TableforSeven
    December 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I only wear sports bras....I don't find the other type comfortable.  I stock up occasionally at places like KMart.....and spend at most $10 for 2.

• JanuaryBaby06
    December 29, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I only wear Maidenforms. at the outlet i can usually get them 2 for 20 and at ross i can usually get 2 from anywhere from 11-15 for 2 when they have what i want.

I wear pushup (but no too much just enough to give support and keep me from sagging-lol)

I am a 34D, i wash a dry them in the washer and dryer and always keep them for ATLEAST 2 years. and usually chuck them only because they eventually get alittle ratty looking. i nevcer have a problem with padding or underwire. i love maidenform!!

• tristansmom74
    December 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM
    I love my 10 dollar bra. Bought it at walmart. Vasserette. Lasts forever. I used to buy VS bra's but they just got too weird.
  • 3lilladies81
    December 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    I wish I could get a bra for $10! Mine are more like $35 at layne Bryant I'm a 40DD though. I do find them at sears for $20 sometimes.
  • Tea4Tas
    by Tea4Tas
    December 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I am going to let you in  on a secret. My Dad worked for a company that made fleecewear (sweat shirts and hoodies and such)  in some of the sweatshirts they would sew a Fruit of the loom label. In others they would sew a Hanes label. In still others a chanmpion or Nike label.  The ones with the Nike labels would go to say Kpohls or Macys or Beals. The walmart ones would go to walmart-and sell for about half as much- SAME damned product.

• a06z08mama
    December 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM
    Same goes for car oil. Its all the same. Just different bottles with different names.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I am going to let you in  on a secret. My Dad worked for a company that made fleecewear (sweat shirts and hoodies and such)  in some of the sweatshirts they would sew a Fruit of the loom label. In others they would sew a Hanes label. In still others a chanmpion or Nike label.  The ones with the Nike labels would go to say Kpohls or Macys or Beals. The walmart ones would go to walmart-and sell for about half as much- SAME damned product.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN