The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ebbierowe
S/o of the bra post...if you spend $10 on a bra * edit **another edit
December 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM
What kind is it? (Push up, demi, full coverage)

How long do they last?

What size are you? (If it isnt too personal)

I am just curious. I am a pretty average size I think (36D) and I prefer Victoria Secret, but I have purchased bras from penny's also. I havw gotten a few from target but I don't think I have ever gotten one for $10.

*I read somewhere that you should get a new one every 6 months, I read somewhere else was once a year...

** ok so I can now say I have purchased a bra for less the $10. However they were for my 15 year old daughter. Target is having a clearance sale and I got 5 bras for about $35

Replies

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    December 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM
    Serious question, what kind of bras actually support boobs without them having underwire? I've tried without the wire before and they don't seem to work. It looks and feels awkward.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

In this department, I am definitely a *you get what you pay for* kind of girl. I would never wear a $10.00 bra.

FYI.... Most push up bras are made with underwire and those type of bras are the worst. They can cause scar tissue in your breasts and can cause other issues as well. Stay clear of anything with an underwire.

• morrigan914
    December 29, 2012 at 1:40 AM
    I have had my $10 bra for almost two years and still going strong. I also have some $40 ones for going on 5 now, so maybe I'm just easy on them.
  • Mrs.Winchester
    December 29, 2012 at 4:43 AM

I get mine at Target and I think they are like $15.  They aren't fancy but I don't like the push-up frilly crap from Victoria's secret or wherever because they don't offer any real support, they are just for looks.  The one I buy at Target is meant for women with curves (I believe it's called curvation, actually) and it has larger cups to hold it all.  I'm a 36DD.

And their are probably other good bras out there but I hate clothes shopping so once I find a product I like I just stock up and don't have to deal with it again.  LOL 

• almostthere55
    December 29, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I buy VS, but have had other brands before.  I usually pay around $45, unless I catch a sale.  I'm a 36C, had three kids that I breastfed (sagging..ugg) and I am old. lol.  So I am about comfort at this point.  I don't buy push ups..can't stand the wires.  But, if I'm working around the house I prefer sports bras.  Very comfy and if I break a sweat (which I usually do while cleaning), I don't have an issue with washing them with regular laundry.  I wash my VS bras on delicate, by themselves and line dry.  That keeps their shape and they last longer.

• lovemyirish
    December 29, 2012 at 7:06 AM
    I get my bras from Kmart. Two pack for like 15 bucks. Soooo comfy and tons of support. They're fruit of the loom. Light padding, no underwire, and no frills lol.
  • inthestars711
    December 29, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    I get my bras from JcPenney....I really like ambrielle, they seem to fit the best for me. I also wear a 40D.
  • Autumn19
    December 29, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    i got an awesome nursing bra from target. I cant remember if it was 5 or 10. Idk it was on sale. Ive been using it for a yr.
  • eesmommy
    December 29, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    About every month kohls sends a 10.00 giftvcard, I go to khols and buy the candies brand bra... 14.00 basically I pay 4.00 +plus tax. I wear a 34 b on a good day. I hate padding or push up.... but I have to have a nice lining since after babies my nips tend to be sensitive :-) lol. I need something substantial between me and my clothing that moves.... other wise dh would be in a predicament constantly :-) hehehehehe
  • tyheamma
    December 29, 2012 at 7:17 AM

I wear a 42/44 C. Hard size to find in styles I like. Some of my favorite bras have cost $10-15 and have lasted years. I know because it's been over a year since I bought any bras.

• ninipanini
    December 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I usually buy Bali or Warner

I haven't found a VS bra that fits me, don't know why

i have lost about 25 lbs in the past 4 years and went down to a 34c so i brashop every year now

i need new bras now, lol

i usually fork over about $25 on sale

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts