The CafeMom Newcomers Club

mom2ljh
Hot dog
by mom2ljh
December 27, 2012 at 9:12 AM
My son is 5 and loves Skylanders. For Christmas, he got the new game and, I course, money. He wants Hot Dog so badly he doesn't know what to do. Unfortunately, scalpers are selling the darn character for EIGHTY DOLLARS on amazon and this mean mommy won't let him spend every dime of his money to get it.
Anyone else think its ridiculous what they to for?

Replies

• momma-flynn
    December 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    I thought this post was going to be about food lol
  • Fields456
    December 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM
    Me too.

Quoting momma-flynn:

I thought this post was going to be about food lol

• christina0607
    December 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I don't know wat a hot dog is I guess.

• wildlilacs
    December 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    It all started w the cabbage patch kids. People wanting them sooo bad, others bought them to resell at higher price, which some people actually paid, like hundreds of dollars for one $20 doll. Same with tickle me elmo.
    Just wait a couple of months, toy stores will have more. This will teach the kids patience and saving up for what they really want.
  • mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    December 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    Oh I know. The same thing happened when the game first came out last year but it was ALL characters. You couldn't find any of them anywhere, now they're all over, for the most part.

Quoting wildlilacs:

It all started w the cabbage patch kids. People wanting them sooo bad, others bought them to resell at higher price, which some people actually paid, like hundreds of dollars for one $20 doll. Same with tickle me elmo.

Just wait a couple of months, toy stores will have more. This will teach the kids patience and saving up for what they really want.

• lovinmykiddo07
    December 27, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    We go into Game Stop and Target regularly and DS is always looking at Skylanders. If I happen to find it I can pick it up for him.
  • TrouserMouse
    December 27, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    Scalpels made me giggle a bit...lol.

I don't know anything about Skylanders, but Hot Dog made me think of the guy from Mad TV saying, "Uh oh, hot dog!"
  • mom2ljh
    by mom2ljh
    December 27, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    Oh that's so sweet. Thank you. We are alway looking too. I don't know why he wants Hot Dog so badly though.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

We go into Game Stop and Target regularly and DS is always looking at Skylanders. If I happen to find it I can pick it up for him.

• lovinmykiddo07
    December 27, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    Lol who knows? Kids want the strangest things sometimes.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Oh that's so sweet. Thank you. We are alway looking too. I don't know why he wants Hot Dog so badly though.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

• heidi_val
    December 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    game stop has a battle pack for $24.99, to be released january 1st. i think it's called scorpion something

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts