wonderwomanT08
Anyone have their baby at 35/36 weeks?
December 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM
How long did your baby have to stay at the hospital? What complications did you have? Were you able to still BF?

Replies

• Crazylovingfam
    December 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    I had my son at 34 weeks. He did not have to stay in the hospital but 2 days (while I was there) and I didn't have a problem breast feeding except the first few weeks, which idk if it was just because we were both new at it or if it was because he was premie
  • LaughingTattoo
    December 12, 2012 at 2:56 PM

My first came at 36 weeks...7 lbs 10 ozs...lungs were perfect and BF was a piece of cake

• alexsmomaubrys2
    December 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM

My sister had my nephew at 34 weeks, he spent 2 weeks in the NICU and she wasn't able to breastfeed because they wouldn't help her pump or give him the milk she did pump. The hospital in NC wasn't helpful at all.

• mstkn.identity
    December 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM
    Bump
  • wonderwomanT08
    December 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM
    :(

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

My sister had my nephew at 34 weeks, he spent 2 weeks in the NICU and she wasn't able to breastfeed because they wouldn't help her pump or give him the milk she did pump. The hospital in NC wasn't helpful at all.

• alexsmomaubrys2
    December 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

She was very upset but he is turning 3 this week and healthy, can't ask for more than that.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

:(

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

• happynewyorker
    December 12, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I had my daughter in 2003 at 35 weeks. She was 6 pounds 5 ounces, and 21 inches long. I had no complications. She had to stay longer because I had group B strep and they had to check to see if I passed it to her..  then she developed Jaundice.  She was in the hospital for 5 days.

• lynnd4
    by lynnd4
    December 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    My twins were born at 35. They stayed in the NICU for two weeks. I was able to bf them once they got stronger. Otherwise, no complications.
  • kmencl3210
    December 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I had one at 31 weeks and my other at 37. My 37 weeker actually ended up in NICU because of a collapsed lung due to pneumonia and had to stay til the treatment was done. Otherwise he'd have come home right away (well after the 2? day stay at the hospital) I couldn't BF either of them because I didn't produce hardly anything..

• Teeshann
    December 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM

my daughter was born at 35 weeks. she spent 5 days in the nicu. 5lbs 15 oz. we knew she was coming early so they gave me the shot to help develop her lungs. i didn't make it long after that. i think it was a few days. i was really sick and they had to take her c section.

but she did really well. nursing was a bit of a struggle. mostly because she had a bad latch. i pumped at the hospital to get my supply going and walked down to the nicu to nurse her when i could. i think after a few weeks we finally got things figured out. she is now almost 7 months and nursing perfectly.