The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Due9
Why did she commit suicide?
by Due9
December 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM

The nurse that transferred the prank call from the Australian DJ's commited suicide. I just don't understand why she would commit suicide. It is tragic, sad, such a drastic action over a prank. They haven't autopsed the body yet and there wasn't a suicide note. How do you know it was a suicide? If it was, why would she leave her children over a prank call? I just don't understand. This is sad.

Replies

• Master_Debater
    December 11, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    For all anyone knows, she was planning to off herself after work anyway, the prank call could just be a coincidence.
  • Due9
    by Due9
    December 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Good point

Quoting Master_Debater:

For all anyone knows, she was planning to off herself after work anyway, the prank call could just be a coincidence.

• WarriorMum
    December 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM

She left a note for her family.

Within a few hours of the original story breaking, the poor woman was been torn apart by the British Media, then throughout the world. She was being talked about on forums such as this with calls for her to be sacked etc....others took it a bit further in regards to the 'danger' she put the Royal family and future King/Queen in. Online threats were made about the nurses. The fact that it is being discussed on this Mum forum proves the point when the armchair psychologist are creating scenarios that have not happened. She came from a culture where saving face is utmost in the face of a media storm that centred around her and her colleague. Can you imagine being the person, known throughout the world, as 'that nurse' who told a DJ details of the future King of England's Consort medical condition?

• peacebaby12
    December 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM

You never know what another person has gone through.

• norahsmommy
    December 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    Ditto

Quoting piwife:

I don't know why but I have a feeling it wasn't suicide...

• lancet98
    December 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Quoting BEXi:

Yeah I also have a feeling that wasnt suicide.

My guess is that the woman was depressed and the prank was just too much for her.   She was from India too, and I think she would see her role in the prank call very, very differently from how others would see it.

One of the reasons for being decent and fair to people is that you never know if someone is under a lot of strain for other reasons (such as depression), and you will not be able to tell how your actions would hurt someone.   So just be decent to everyone.

It was a suicide.   They way they found her, is how they know that.

Why do you think it wasn't?

• emeraldangel2.0
    December 24, 2012 at 1:43 PM

if it was suicide, i'd think it was the fact that she was humiliated world wide. when you're depressed already that could be all it takes

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts