AlohaTink
Going out sick
December 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM
When you go to a doctors appt because you are sick, do you get dressed or just go in Jammies? I took ds today in spider man pants because he has the flu. I went a couple months ago in my Horton lays an egg pants and a tank top. They we lucky I wore a bra. Anyone, do you get dolled up when you're sick for a doctor visit?

Replies

• MrsApple
    December 11, 2012 at 12:23 AM

If it were my child that were sick,I'd definitely let her go to the doctor in pjs.If it were me that were sick,I'd just dress comfortably in my yoga pants/or lounge pants and a t-shirt.

• black.eyeliner
    December 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I never get sick. I mean never. It is weird. But if the kids are sick then they go in jammies. I am fine with that because it is usually warmer that way. My mother-in-law is sick a lot and I definately keep her in jammies because I would have to dress her and that is way too difficult. If she is wearing a gown I will put some jammie pants on her. No one cares when it is someone in a wheelchair, with yellow skin, and an oxygen tank. They just want her to get away from them.  

• frndlyfn
    December 11, 2012 at 12:36 AM

For children I let her stay in her pjs.   I only go in my pjs if i feel like i am on my deathbed.

• Aydnsmommy
    December 11, 2012 at 2:12 AM
    Always dressed. We teach our kids that jammies are for at home only. Now I don't make them, or myself all dolled up. It is usually sweats or just comfortable clothes and my hair brushed.
  • mstkn.identity
    December 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
    Whatever's most comfortable.
  • aka_speezolove
    December 11, 2012 at 5:12 AM

When I am sick, I am not concerened too much about how I look. However, I don't usually wear pj's. I usually wear sweats or yoga pants and a T. I put my hair up and at least color in my blonde eyebrows. I don't wanna look like a total freak ;)

• AMR320
    by AMR320
    December 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    I put on jeans and a t-shirt hair in a ponytail. So not dolled up but I never leave my house in pjs. My oldest DD (4) has only had maybe 2 sick visits and she wore clothes but nothing fancy just normal play clothes. My younger DD (16 mos) has never had a sick visit. We only go to the Dr for serious illness, not just colds or coughs, or for well checks.
  • FooLynRoo
    December 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    Dolled up no....clothes yes. Then again I can't remember the last time I had a sick visit to the dr. But I'm a bit fat mess in street clothes no way I'm going out in my jammy jams
  • schatzi869
    December 11, 2012 at 6:17 AM
    I don't ever wear pajamas when i go somewhere. I always wear jeans.
  • goldilocksbecky
    December 11, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Jeans or soft pants and a t-shirt.  I don't "get dolled up" as you put it, but I do get dressed.  In real clothes.  To me, pajamas are for in the house.  Even coming home from the hospital after surgeries, I've always gotten dressed.