The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Justine1123
What would you do?.. How would you react?
December 10, 2012 at 8:46 PM
You provide a family member that watches your child while you work with a car seat.

This family member comes to meet you with your child in a storm. It's raining heavily foggy etc.

This family member doesn't bring your child's car seat and they've driving approx 20 mins with your kid.

What do you do when they pull up? What do you say? How do you react?

I'm asking bc this happened to me today so I'm just wondering what y'all would do.

Replies

• sherry132
    December 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I would have flipped a switch. I'd have probably beat the living hell out of someone. But then I have serious anger issues and they seem worse when it is someone being completely stupid. 

• trishasjunebug
    December 10, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I would be very upset that they didn't use the car seat and proceeded to drive my child to me in a storm with fog and no car seat! 

I would ask them why they didn't use the seat that I gave them? Why they thought it was okay to drive my child in a storm with no car seat! 

• alli1204
    I'd flat out ask why the hell my child wasn't safely in a car seat. That's inexcusable to me and my filter would be gone in that situation.
  • Megan11587
    They wouldn't be watching my child anymore
  • PEEK05
    by PEEK05
    December 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I'd be pissed.  They would no longer be watching my child.

• BEXi
    by BEXi
    December 10, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I would have flipped my shit

• kirstina
    December 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM

How old is the child to me that make a difference. If its a small child then I would not have said anything and they just wouldnt baby sit agian. If its an older kid. like 4-5 then I would just tell them that my child needs to be in a car seat its the law and keep them safe.

• Justine1123
    December 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    She's 4. Personally I don't think age makes a difference if they got in an accident she wouldn't have been protected.

Quoting kirstina:

How old is the child to me that make a difference. If its a small child then I would not have said anything and they just wouldnt baby sit agian. If its an older kid. like 4-5 then I would just tell them that my child needs to be in a car seat its the law and keep them safe.

• jaydensmom1726
    December 10, 2012 at 9:02 PM

its just as dangerous if the child is in a cheap carseat or one that is not properly installed

• lucky2Beeme
    December 10, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I would ask WHY my child wasn't in his car seat. I would ask What are you thinking driving my child without one? I would make myself stay calm because I probably cant get another sitter by tomrrow am. But you can bet your ass this person will be replaced ASAP.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN