The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Crazylovingfam
My little brother is not getting anything for Christmas because my mom can't afford it.
December 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM
My mom has a ton of bills that she has got behind on and can not afford Christmas. I am thinking about instead of getting my Dh a large present getting him something smaller and getting my little brother a larger gift and saying it is from my mom, his dad, and our family. Btw he is 13.

Edit:

I decided to buy him a pair of skates that are $199, which is crazy to me, but he really wants them. But they are on sale believe it or not. They are normally $300 and they are giving away a summer pass to the skate center he normally goes to which is a $60 value. I figure the pass will be from my family and mom, and the skates from santa :)

Replies

• audreesmama
    December 10, 2012 at 8:35 PM
    That sounds sweet :-).
  • Schauseil
    December 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    Sounds good to me.
  • maris1192
    One year that happened to my aunt and my dad went ahead and did the same thing for her, my aunt was so thankful for my dad. To watch her cry w happy tears made my Christmas that year! Do it!
  • Momoftwinkies
    Very sweet.
  • Ciaodarlings
    December 10, 2012 at 8:38 PM

That's really sweet of you. I'm sure whatever gift you buy for him he'll love it.

• Crazylovingfam
    December 10, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    I am just afraid she will get pissed because she don't like accepting help.

Quoting maris1192:

One year that happened to my aunt and my dad went ahead and did the same thing for her, my aunt was so thankful for my dad. To watch her cry w happy tears made my Christmas that year! Do it!

• mgm_5
    by mgm_5
    December 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    sounds like a good idea that's really sweet of you
  • Crazylovingfam
    December 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM
    Does anyone know where I can get a decent deal on a ps3? That and skates are what he wants. The skates are $300
  • shadow_lark
    December 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    Try gamestop online. They always have good bundle deals this time of year that you won't find instore

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

Does anyone know where I can get a decent deal on a ps3? That and skates are what he wants. The skates are $300
  • Jlu88
    by Jlu88
    December 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    I can ask my hubby about the ps3. He works at Gamestop, so he might know of some good deals online or in store

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN