The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Lottie925
Can I put my 5 year old in a regular non high back booster seat?
December 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Here's the issue. My DH took his car to work and it had her high back booster seat in it. I need to pick her p from school and bring her to an appointment and was going to pick up a regular non high back booster seat. I figure we can use it for when friends come in the car?

She's 5 years old, 45 inches and 42 lbs.

Is this relatively safe? Anybody know?

Replies

• andersongirl562
    December 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    Yes I use a regular booster for my 5 year old.
  • Greenstone920
    December 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Yes, you can.  They do come with a strap to adjust the shoulder belt, if needed.

• proudmommy690
    December 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    I think she still needs a high back. They do make high backs that when they are big enough will go into a non-back.
  • AMBG825
    by AMBG825
    December 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    It goes by weight. Over 40 pounds in a low back seat is fine.
  • Lottie925
    December 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Yes, I plan on going back to the high back - it seems more comfortable and safe, it's just that my DH has it in his car today. So this is temporary and I don't want to have to buy an expensive one when I already have one. I know the low boosters are not too expensive.

Quoting proudmommy690:

I think she still needs a high back. They do make high backs that when they are big enough will go into a non-back.

• ThreeTimesThePi
    December 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

You can as long as the seat belt sits in the right spot on her shoulder. A high back one that holds the shoulder strap in place is a better choice though.

• DakotaHaley
    December 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

My 5yr old was in one and did fine. I don't see why you couldn't use it, but yes I do know they have height and weight stuff for them, but I am not sure what they are offhand.

I would just use it, seems fine to me.

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    December 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    My 5 yr old is in a backless booster with seat belt adjuster strap.
    I think you're fine.
  • vrbtnseele
    December 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

i think it would be fine, shes the weight limit.

• proudmommy690
    December 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    High backs arent expensive....like $30.

Quoting Lottie925:

Yes, I plan on going back to the high back - it seems more comfortable and safe, it's just that my DH has it in his car today. So this is temporary and I don't want to have to buy an expensive one when I already have one. I know the low boosters are not too expensive.

Quoting proudmommy690:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN