The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Lottie925
Can I put my 5 year old in a regular non high back booster seat?
December 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Here's the issue. My DH took his car to work and it had her high back booster seat in it. I need to pick her p from school and bring her to an appointment and was going to pick up a regular non high back booster seat. I figure we can use it for when friends come in the car?

She's 5 years old, 45 inches and 42 lbs.

Is this relatively safe? Anybody know?

Replies

• andersongirl562
    December 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    Yes I use a regular booster for my 5 year old.
  • Greenstone920
    December 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Yes, you can.  They do come with a strap to adjust the shoulder belt, if needed.

• proudmommy690
    December 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM
    I think she still needs a high back. They do make high backs that when they are big enough will go into a non-back.
  • AMBG825
    by AMBG825
    December 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    It goes by weight. Over 40 pounds in a low back seat is fine.
  • Lottie925
    December 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Yes, I plan on going back to the high back - it seems more comfortable and safe, it's just that my DH has it in his car today. So this is temporary and I don't want to have to buy an expensive one when I already have one. I know the low boosters are not too expensive.

Quoting proudmommy690:

I think she still needs a high back. They do make high backs that when they are big enough will go into a non-back.

• ThreeTimesThePi
    December 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

You can as long as the seat belt sits in the right spot on her shoulder. A high back one that holds the shoulder strap in place is a better choice though.

• DakotaHaley
    December 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

My 5yr old was in one and did fine. I don't see why you couldn't use it, but yes I do know they have height and weight stuff for them, but I am not sure what they are offhand.

I would just use it, seems fine to me.

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    December 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    My 5 yr old is in a backless booster with seat belt adjuster strap.
    I think you're fine.
  • vrbtnseele
    December 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

i think it would be fine, shes the weight limit.

• proudmommy690
    December 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    High backs arent expensive....like $30.

Quoting Lottie925:

Yes, I plan on going back to the high back - it seems more comfortable and safe, it's just that my DH has it in his car today. So this is temporary and I don't want to have to buy an expensive one when I already have one. I know the low boosters are not too expensive.

Quoting proudmommy690:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts