The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Crazylovingfam
Yes it does PISS me off, but I can not really do anything about it.
December 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM

It pisses me off that someone can get a large tax payment, more than they even paid in taxes in the first place for things they "want", while we, as the people that make too much, still must pay for the rest of their needs.

It pisses me off that a person that doesn't  work can have basically the same exact things that my husband and I work hard to have.

It pisses me off that people that receive assistance (other than those disabled) are not required to work full time and continue doing so for many, many years.

I am really not against those that need assistance, just those that are not trying to better their situation. It really upsets me to see when someone is a SAHM, there husband only works 20-30 hours a week, and they get everything paid for then get to take that same vacation my husband and I take on their tax money. I am not saying that people on assistance deserve zero fun but the MAJORITY of that money they get back should be used for things they need or saved for a time they will need something. Sorry for this rant.

Replies

• huntersmama711
    December 8, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    *Clapping hands*
  • SRUsarahSC
    December 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I could have screamed today, was at a Christmas parade and the woman next to me was screaming into her i-phone about her welfare and FS....if you're on welfare and FS, WHY DO YOU HAVE AN I-PHONE???? 

*edit, realized I forgot to point out-I am aware you get a the phone at a discounted price with a two year plan...but if you are too poor to buy food, then why do you need a data package etc and a plan that never costs less than $75/month???

• frndlyfn
    December 8, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I get angry at all the wealthy people not paying taxes because they have money or property whereas others can barely pay their taxes and suffer for it.

• la-cosa-nostra
    December 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    This

Quoting frndlyfn:

I get angry at all the wealthy people not paying taxes because they have money or property whereas others can barely pay their taxes and suffer for it.

• Ashley_Carlson
    December 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I don't pay taxes. Since I've never had a job, and never paid anything into the system, I don't feel right taking anything out.

• Crazylovingfam
    December 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I do not consider myself wealthy but not poor either. I am still paying on our 2010 taxes, and will continue to till it is completely paid off. I do not qualify for tax breaks, we work for every penny we have, and I actually volunteer my time to work at the homeless shelter weekly. I also commonly donate when we can. I am not trying to get out of taxes. They are what they are. I just wish people would look toward the future and try to better their situation.

• madysonalliah
    December 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    You can get a free iPhone with a 2 year contract. I get that its up setting about the welfare and foodstamps but you don't know the whole situation. People are so quick to judge. And before it gets asked no I do not get foodstamps or am i on welfare but yes i do have an iPhone

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I could have screamed today, was at a Christmas parade and the woman next to me was screaming into her i-phone about her welfare and FS....if you're on welfare and FS, WHY DO YOU HAVE AN I-PHONE???? 

• christina0607
    December 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Then you live in the wrong country.

In life you have to worry about yourself and not what the people around you are doing. I work and pay my own bills because that I wouldn't feel like a good person if I wasn't. It's my own personal accountability that keeps me going...regardless of others. In the end they have to account for their own actions.

Also...I don't know who you know that gets to live such a great life off of assistance...but I can assure you I could not have half of what I do if I was on assistance. I don't envy that life style at all.

• KairisMama
    December 9, 2012 at 12:19 AM
    Even the monthly bill for an iphone is costly though. I wouldn't think its a wise expense for someone on welfare and food stamps. The data plan alone us 30.00 for many providers. Add that to the minimum 59.99 minutes per month.

Quoting madysonalliah:

You can get a free iPhone with a 2 year contract. I get that its up setting about the welfare and foodstamps but you don't know the whole situation. People are so quick to judge. And before it gets asked no I do not get foodstamps or am i on welfare but yes i do have an iPhone

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

• little.worthen
    December 9, 2012 at 12:22 AM

wait, it's not even tax season yet! It's still Christmas season!! I thought I didnt have to listen to people bitching about taxes for another few weeks at LEAST!! grr..

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN