Zoeysmommy1023
What acne treatment actually works for you?
December 7, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I have somewhat dry sensitive, fair skin. I tried Clean & Clear, and it was way too harsh on my skin, even with the moisturizer. My skin was so dry and red in some areas. It was like I had a sunburn. I have been using Clearasil (sp?) overnight scrub for the past like 3 weeks. I haven't seen much of an improvement. I use 2 different brands in my nightly routine, first its the scrubbing pads from aveeno that are also supposed to help acne, then the clearasil scrub, then clearsil spot treatment, then aveeno moisturizer that is also supposed to help acne. I have been seeing that Burt's Bee's seems to be showing up in more stores. I have only watched one youtube review of it, she loved it. It's a little pricey though. I might get it with my Christmas money from my grandma. Either that, or proactiv.

What do you use? Do you know if Burt's Bee's, or Proactiv would be better for someone with sensitive skin?

Replies

• shylosmommy
    December 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    danielkern.com
  • momma-flynn
    December 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    Lever 2000 to wash, baking soda to exfoliate, aveeno lotion. I have started mixing coconut oil & baking soda to scrub but haven't used it long enough to say how I like it.
  • Aurora-Dove
    December 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Proactive works well

• nzumbrun
    December 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I have a neice that used proactiv and said it was really harsh. I can't use it. I am allergic to one of the ingredients. Good luck. I hope you find something

• Tigress22304
    December 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

i have sensitive skin-proactiv cleared me up within 2 weeks, and I had some severe cystic acne

• mstricey
    December 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    I have very dry skin and I also have eczema. I use the aveeno oatmeal bar soap on the spots I break out most and on my face. I love it. It cleared up a really bad flare up I had on my arm.
  • Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    December 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I'm just getting in to everything from this blog. It's amazing.

The Love Vitamin

• Justine1123
    December 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    I use dial soap and occasionally a bar of face soap I have from Clinique.
  • Carmel63
    December 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Go to a dermatologist.  Financially it is the better solution, even if you do not have insurance.  All the trial and error is expensive, and not good for your skin.  My daughter had an issue with acne and the doctor gave her two creams that cleared it right up, and her skin looks beautiful.  Even at full price the prescriptions were under $30.00 and lasted more than a year.

• edelweiss23
    December 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    Eating healthfully.
    I changed my lifestyle and I haven't had a problem with acne in 2 years.