The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Cafe Amanda
Do you wish he took the initiative more? [POLL]
December 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Do you prefer that your guy do typically "manly" things (whether that means being the breadwinner, being handy around the house, fixes the car, etc) or would you rather he stepped up to do "mom" stuff like make lunches and clean toilets?

What's the division of labor like at your house? Does he take the initiative to do the things you'd like help with?

Do you wish your partner took the initiative more than he does? [See details below before answering.]
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 42% - Yes, I wish he did.
  2. 57% - No, it's not necessary.

Replies

• mom2swtboys
    December 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM
    I picked no. He works hard so I can stay home & he always helps out when needed.
  • Mamapanda1030
    December 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Mine is very good at around the house stuff, taking care of kids, helping out with cleaning (I don't let him near the stove unless I'm bedridden lol), I just wish he knew how to fix our car. smdh

• WendyJR
    by WendyJR
    December 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I wish he did a bit more. He's gone mon-fri. So when he's home i expect him to help me out. Lately he's gotten better though.

• 1st_time_mom789
    December 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

When DF was a child, he never had any responsibilities. He would come home from school and go right to playing his Xbox and his mother took care of everything. So he was brought up on no chores. It has been a struggle to get him to help. He and I actually got into a huge arguement two weeks ago about this and since then he has helped me out a lot more in these last two weeks than he's done in the last two years. I am happy that he is making the effort.

• Mommyfish831
    December 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

For me the only things I would like help with are laundry and dishes and with that I don't expect him to do all the dishes or do all the laundry.  Just help me fold when I have a load to fold or help me take them to the rooms to be put away or just wash his dishes and sometimes he would be very helpful if he even just put his dishes in the sink lol.  I help with the yard work, mowing and keeping it picked up and taking trash out.  I tried to help him with the bathroom remodel but I just don't anymore because I broke 2 sheets of drywall and chipped the new bath tub.

• momtoBrenna
    December 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Dh and my sister are supposed to split the dishes Mon-Thur for my sister and Fri-Sun for dh but he often leaves them and then begs my sister to do them and that upsets both of us. He isn't at all manly either, he's a computer geek and terrible with cars and such. He is okay with helping with the kids but he could do it without the complaining.

• LaughingTattoo
    December 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Even though he is HoH, he still shares equally in everything. He will cook, do dishes, mow the lawn, do crafts with the girls, ect.... If it needs to be done, he will do it. That said, Im a sahm right now and its my responsibility to do most things bc thats my job.

• tonipaffel
    December 11, 2012 at 2:15 AM

i said no because i couldnt ask more from him, he is a great father and a great husband- he works to support us so i can stay home, on his days off he cooks because hes a better cook then me lol and he enjoys it and everything he does is for me and the kids everywhere we go everything we do its all about us, i love him

• kappalopokis
    December 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    No because every time I do ask him to chip in he gets very angry and stops talking to me for several days.
  • notjstasocermom
    December 11, 2012 at 7:19 AM

he already does all of that, well not toilets though

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts