The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cafe Amanda
How much sleep do you get? [POLL]
December 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Do YOU get enough sleep? Do your kids? If not, what keeps you from getting the sleep you need?

How many hours do you sleep a night?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 43% - Fewer than six.
  2. 42% - Between six and eight.
  3. 14% - More than eight. Zzzzz.

Replies

• Supervane
    December 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM
    I can't sleep for more than 4 hours. I have a sleep disorder.
  • LaughingTattoo
    December 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Roughly 5-6 hours a night

• dylansmom08
    December 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    2 to 4 if I'm lucky I have chronic pain and back injury.
  • Cancer27
    December 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Out of 24 hrs a day, I get about 2 to 3 hrs of sleep. I work the overnight shift & when I get off at 8a, I have a very active soon to be 3 yr old daughter to entertain. When I'm finally able to get in the bed it's 8p & it's interrupted sleep then I'm up at 11p.

• JessicaRee
    December 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    I voted more than eight, but it's never straight thru. I have a 9 month old.

No matter how much sleep I get I'm still exhausted all the time.
  • Mom2Just1
    December 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM

4 hours...maybe.  I have an 8 day old right now.

• scoutfamilyof7
    December 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I am lucky if I get three hours a night. My kids get more than enough!

• NYGiantsFan
    December 8, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I try to stick to a routine, but it's hard because I'm a night owl, but one of my children is a morning bird, so I need to be up with her. I also need to get my Kindergartner to the bus stop fairly early. I generally get 6 - 8 hours per night, and I'm in the process of weaning myself off of acetaminophen PM to help me fall asleep. There are a few Celestial Seasonings teas that have helped. If anyone is looking for a natural way to help fall asleep, I'd recommend the "stress relief" or "Sleepytime" ones.

• inspain
    by inspain
    December 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Up until six weeks ago, I was still getting about 8 or 9 hours per night.  Even with the belly in the way.  

Now I think I get about 4 hours...in the form of naps...on and off...over each 24 hour period.  I'm a zombie.

• dirby1988
    December 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    Me and df go to bed between 11-2 am i get up at 7am to put dd on the bus. Get back home around 7:45 lay down and try to go back to sleep til 10 but most days i stay up. If i happen to go to sleep i gave my alarm set.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts