The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Cafe Robin
Have you heard anything about Windows 8?
December 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

What are some of the things you’ve been hearing?

Do you have it?  Like it?

typing

Replies

• krista778
    December 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

My SO just grudgingly put it on his computer and hates it. He is a Systems Administrator and since his company is moving to it he figured he should put it on so he knows what he is doing. It doesn't do what he needs/wants it to do, it is too dumbed down for him and not user friendly at all. So I've heard nothing but bad things about it lol.

Oh and a funny: since Windows 8 came out, PC sales have dropped 20%. Coincidence?

• mom2devin11005
    December 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I have it on my computer and absolutely HATE it!!! It doesn't do what I want and things seem to be in weird spots and hard to get to some things.

• .Nobody.
    December 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    I have it on my computer and I like it. No complaints so far.
  • rowansmum
    December 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Lol no,  since they left XP in the dust I left them and have never gone back.  I will never own a windows system again.  I have a mac now and while the learning curve is huge its secure and WORKS.  Even windows phones and tablets are a bit sketchy.  Not taking the chance with all the stuff on my computer that I could lose

• MagicTemptation
    December 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM

My dh got it through his college. It crashed his computer when he downloaded it. That was two months ago. The school nor Microsoft has been able to help him fix it. After looking around on the internet searches, it is a fairly common issue. They had him try to reinstall Windows 7 but it won't work.  He is in college for computer and gaming programing so needs his computer for school. He has to drop out this past semester because of his computer crashing. 

• Baybeelove88
    December 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    I have windows 7 on my lap top and LOVE it, windows 8 is on our main computer and we HATE it.... Just awful
  • TexasWife
    December 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I have heard NOTHING! I want to try it out though.

• Leelee1008
    December 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM

very little. I am still using vista so I dont know much about any of the up grades.

• elasmimi
    December 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I have a MAC, so it doesn't affect me.

• MichelleK41
    December 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

We can upgrade to it but I have heard there's some kinks that need to be worked out of it first.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts