The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DamiensMommy1
I need prayers please =)
December 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I lost my job in March and have been on unemployment. I didn't look for a job at first, I was pregnant and then had my son. I knew it was getting close to running out so I have been looking for a job pretty much DAILY for the past month and a half, EVERY single job I have applied for I haven't got, or it's been filled. There are very few jobs in the town I live in. Heck, only one of the temp agencies has one job.

I am SO stressed out. DH does work, but he will make enough to cover the bills and have a little left over, not much. I have great work history and have management experience... I just wish I could get a job!!

Replies

• DamiensMommy1
    December 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

so yeah... I need prayers that I find a job this week!

• hvnly253
    December 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    Good Luck. Praying for you!!
  • ChelseaLDD
    December 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Praying for you! Have you thought about working online or looking at temp agencies in other cities? You may have to commute a little but it would be worth it to have a job, I think.

• DamiensMommy1
    December 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    I've looked everywhere I can think of online a lot of stuff doesn't seem legit. I've applied in my surrounding towns which would be about a 20 min commute but there isn't really anything they're kinda small. I drive a 4wd Tahoe so driving farther than that they'd have to pay me 20$ an hour so I could afford gas lol

Quoting ChelseaLDD:

Praying for you! Have you thought about working online or looking at temp agencies in other cities? You may have to commute a little but it would be worth it to have a job, I think.

• ChelseaLDD
    December 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I would try Elance, if you have specific skills (like web design, office administration, etc.) A lot of top companies (like 1800 Flowers, United Health, travel agencies, etc.) use Elance to contract out employees online. I've worked on there before and made a ton of money, but recently quit because I don't need to work and wanted more time with my son. Still, once you build up your client database and reputation on there you can make great money.

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

I've looked everywhere I can think of online a lot of stuff doesn't seem legit. I've applied in my surrounding towns which would be about a 20 min commute but there isn't really anything they're kinda small. I drive a 4wd Tahoe so driving farther than that they'd have to pay me 20$ an hour so I could afford gas lol

Quoting ChelseaLDD:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN