The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
ldeuling
What type of Christmas tree do you have/like? Fake or real? Why?
December 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I always had a real Christmas tree when I was married...but always felt bad for the waste of cutting down a perfectly good tree.  Now I am divorced, and got a fake one...I love it because you can re-adjust the braches to accomidate an ornament that isn't fitting too well!!!

Replies

• doulala
    by doulala
    December 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Real.    Never had a fake one.
    Because of the tradition, the meaning...   We have done living trees in the past
    and will again some time in the future but we will cut our own again this year.

• robbinsroost
    December 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM

We had a fake one, but it broke as we were taking it down last year. We planned to get another, but could not find a clearance one we liked since it was already Jan and most were already sold. We are going to get a real one this week and look for a fake one on clearance after Christmas.

• little.worthen
    December 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM
    I have a fake one. Growing up I had real ones and learned they are much better on wood floors with rubber mats underneath. Since I have only carpet at my house, my tree is fake.
  • AlwaysKISA
    December 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM
    Fake. I cannot justify cutting down trees for nothing, basically.
    :-( poor trees!
  • .Diddles.
    December 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM
    Fake. It's green with colored lights. I wanted white lights, but Dh likes colored lights :( I don't see the point if cutting down trees.
  • wifeofvet
    December 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Fake, we have a couple of firemen in the family.

• Fields456
    December 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM

A fake tree that looks real.    I love the smell of real trees but don't want to deal with them.     I love my fake tree it is beautiful.  Fire retardant ( which is crazy imoortant especially since our house almost burned down 3 weeks ago).  But I do get a center piece with fresh pine every Year 

• alf2651
    by alf2651
    December 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

We have a fake one. 

• opinionatedmom
    December 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

fake because of allergies. 

• blackoceanveiw
    December 2, 2012 at 3:04 AM
    Real I love the smell. We get ones you can replant so it doesn't die.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN