The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
spunky946
Since when is salad a finger food?
November 27, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Apparently tonight. I looked over at ds 8 and he was using his fingers and not his fork. Ugh. So I told him if I caught him one more time, he would be asked to leave the table.  Guess what? Yup he used his fingers again.

So I asked him to leave. He started yelling at me he was going to starve. I told him it washes choice he should not have used his fingers.   Ugh kids. I ended up giving him a second chance and he ate with his fork.

Crazy kids.

Replies

• frndlyfn
    November 27, 2012 at 7:31 PM

What kind of salad?   DD is 6 and tends to not want to use her silverware.   It got to point where i would hold one hand in mine so that she would use the fork/spoon to eat with free hand.

• spunky946
    November 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Regular salad with lettuce, carrots ad cucumbers.

Quoting frndlyfn:

What kind of salad?   DD is 6 and tends to not want to use her silverware.   It got to point where i would hold one hand in mine so that she would use the fork/spoon to eat with free hand.

• Mommy2BeAmy

Hmm we use our fingers to eat. Maybe it's our culture..I always pick from the salad with fingers and so does my family but of course we don't lick our fingers or put them in our mouth, and then go back in lol. But the salad is dry, no dressing. 

• shaunaleigh418
    I catch myself eating salad with my fingers sometimes. It's just faster lmao.
  • FooLynRoo
    November 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I'm with kiddo,

in public is one thing but at home I prefer to eat my salad with my fingers

• stacefaceninja
    November 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM

LOL...kids are funny, and sometimes very wise. Think of all the money you'll save not having to wash forks ever again;) ...I eat with a utensil if it's liquid, or super messy, but prefer my hands for salad, meat, rice, etc.

• MixedCooke
    November 28, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Eh, sometimes I like to just eat salad with my hands, broccoli florets, meatballs, etc.  Sometimes I just dont feel like eating with a fork. 

• sucker4myloves
    November 28, 2012 at 3:38 AM

I eat almost everything with my hands. Maybe not in public, but only because I don't want to embarrass my family. It's not even how I was raised, it's just how I like it. My hands are clean, it's a non issue. I really don't see the big deal :/

• WhittysMomma
    November 28, 2012 at 3:41 AM

lol...darn kiddos.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN