The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
4noodles4me
Gifts for the new Mom?
November 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM
I went to lunch with a friend today as we were leaving I mentioned I had just enough time to run to Bath & Body Works for a gift basket. She said "I thought you were done Christmas shopping?" I said "Yes this is for a coworker who will have her Baby Friday scheduled c section"
She thought it was absolutely absured to buy gifts for a new Mother. I was a bit shocked at her behavior going on and on that the gifts should be for the baby only. What about Mommy? Doesn't she need some pampering? I also purchase relaxing bath items, new slippers or a new robe and a gift certificate for a mani and pedi

Am I the only one who does this sort of thing? She really sounded well jealous

Replies

• sissyboogs
    November 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I'm jealous! I wish someone would have bought me stuff like that when I had my babies....

Seriously though, I think people just don't think about the new mommy...everything's focused on baby, baby, baby and mommy gets pushed to the side. I'll admit, I'm guilty of it too. 

You're a good friend/coworker for thinking of her!

• 4noodles4me
    November 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM
    I have always just done it. I mean people think nothing of sending Moms flowers at the Hospital which is nice but why not spend the money on something she can actually use? Mommy needs something for her I agree while it is about a new beautiful baby we should also think of mommy and her needs as well. Every new Mommy thinks her first hot bath at home is heaven and doesn't have much time to care about her nails lol. Its nice to do it as soon as you get the chance.

Quoting sissyboogs:

I'm jealous! I wish someone would have bought me stuff like that when I had my babies....

Seriously though, I think people just don't think about the new mommy...everything's focused on baby, baby, baby and mommy gets pushed to the side. I'll admit, I'm guilty of it too. 

You're a good friend/coworker for thinking of her!

• frndlyfn
    November 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

That is a great idea.  A friend of mine made me a basket of beauty products like a razor that had the soap around it (cant remember brand) and perfume that i like.  I would have liked a GC for a manicure though or a facial.

• Mommy4-27-08
    November 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM
    My friend brought me sparkling cider, fuzzy socks, chocolates, good pads, chapstick and other types of stuff like that for the hospital. I loved it and because I was a first time mom and she had already had one she thought of things that I didn't.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN