The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
goodnightmama
I am a horrible mom and so was my mother.
November 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I was just told this today because my kids know that Santa clause is not real. They have always known. All three of them, even my four year old, will tell you mommy and daddy are Santa clause. My in laws went off on me for this. They asked me which present from them they should mark from Santa. I told them they could any of them but that my kids will know it really wasnt from him. I explained to them that my mom told me and my siblings from the beginning that Santa wasnt real and we turned out fine. They said, oh so thats your problem. No wonder why you turned out this way and now your doing it to your kids. Oh I was livid and just hung up the phone. My in laws are suppose to spend Christmas here but I dont know if I can remain civil after that.

Replies

• norwgnwood
    November 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM
    Eff that. Your in laws are asshats.
  • kjbennett26
    November 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    I would tell them to go take a flying leap
  • goodnightmama
    November 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    My fil is a womanizer. He never believes a thing a woman says and since he is a man he is always right and knows whats best. Thank god dh didnt turn out like that.

Quoting norwgnwood:

Eff that. Your in laws are asshats.
  • goodnightmama
    November 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM
    Oh I want to so badly.

Quoting kjbennett26:

I would tell them to go take a flying leap
  • TableforSeven
    November 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Your child....your rules/traditions.

if your in-laws don't like it....they can celebrate on their own.

• goodnightmama
    November 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    Lol. I wonder what their going to do when my kids tell them they know the Easter bunny and tooth fairy arent real. Those ones they figured out on their own. I actually tried to play up the tooth fairy when my oldest lost his first tooth. He told me to quit lying, that lying was bad and I should know better then to think the tooth fairy was real lol.

Quoting TableforSeven:

Your child....your rules/traditions.

if your in-laws don't like it....they can celebrate on their own.

• sucker4myloves
    November 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Oh my goodness. I would not have my in laws in my home after that, but I'm sure you'd be the bigger person for your kids to do it...but I don't think you need to, personally. Honestly, I'd want people like your FIL around my kids as little as possible.

• goodnightmama
    November 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM
    Luckily they live 9-10 hours away lol. I feel bad for even thinking that but anyone who knows me and my family will even tell you that dh and I are doing much better since we moved. We used live right down the street from them.

Quoting sucker4myloves:

Oh my goodness. I would not have my in laws in my home after that, but I'm sure you'd be the bigger person for your kids to do it...but I don't think you need to, personally. Honestly, I'd want people like your FIL around my kids as little as possible.

• RLT2
    by RLT2
    November 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

They're just now finding this out?

• goodnightmama
    November 27, 2012 at 12:19 AM
    My in laws? Normally if I tell my kids not to say anything they dont. When I talked to my kids about Santa I explained to them that this was our little secret and that they couldnt to around telling kids because they might ruin it for them. I am wondering if that may have been the reason why they never said anything to nana and papa.

Quoting RLT2:

They're just now finding this out?

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN