The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
goodnightmama
I am a horrible mom and so was my mother.
November 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I was just told this today because my kids know that Santa clause is not real. They have always known. All three of them, even my four year old, will tell you mommy and daddy are Santa clause. My in laws went off on me for this. They asked me which present from them they should mark from Santa. I told them they could any of them but that my kids will know it really wasnt from him. I explained to them that my mom told me and my siblings from the beginning that Santa wasnt real and we turned out fine. They said, oh so thats your problem. No wonder why you turned out this way and now your doing it to your kids. Oh I was livid and just hung up the phone. My in laws are suppose to spend Christmas here but I dont know if I can remain civil after that.

Replies

• goodnightmama
    November 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    I know right? But they always have to find something I have done wrong. Last time I was supposedly an alcoholic because they saw me with a four loko. Lol I normally brush it off as to not cause conflict.

Quoting QueenBee107:

I am sorry. what a load of crap from the inlaws. 

• armywife13143
    November 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM

fk that un-invite them. If they are going to criticizes you you dont need them in your families life. i grew up in a family like that and it was horrible!!!!

• goodnightmama
    November 27, 2012 at 5:35 PM
    I couldnt do that to hubby or kids. I may not like it but my kids have a good relationship with them and I cant tell my husband to disown his parent or anything like that because of me. :-( I wouldnt be able to live with myself knowing that I let it get to me. Kwim?

Quoting armywife13143:

fk that un-invite them. If they are going to criticizes you you dont need them in your families life. i grew up in a family like that and it was horrible!!!!

• armywife13143
    November 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Im not saying disown them but I went threw that as a child my dads whole side of the family hated my mother. Eventually my sisters and brothers and i picked up on it. It was hell for all of us. Im going threw that with my dh sister. Im not going to put our children threw what I went threw growing up. In my opinion its worse to have someone who is rude and hurtful in your family unit then to cut them out of it until they can act like part of the family. To each their own. Im not tying to tell you what to do but as a person who grew up with family like that i wish my dad would have stood up for my mom and told his sisters to stop or we werent going to be coming around.

Quoting goodnightmama:

I couldnt do that to hubby or kids. I may not like it but my kids have a good relationship with them and I cant tell my husband to disown his parent or anything like that because of me. :-( I wouldnt be able to live with myself knowing that I let it get to me. Kwim?

Quoting armywife13143:

• goodnightmama
    November 27, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    I understand. Thank you for the advice and hope things get better with dh sister.

Quoting armywife13143:

Im not saying disown them but I went threw that as a child my dads whole side of the family hated my mother. Eventually my sisters and brothers and i picked up on it. It was hell for all of us. Im going threw that with my dh sister. Im not going to put our children threw what I went threw growing up. In my opinion its worse to have someone who is rude and hurtful in your family unit then to cut them out of it until they can act like part of the family. To each their own. Im not tying to tell you what to do but as a person who grew up with family like that i wish my dad would have stood up for my mom and told his sisters to stop or we werent going to be coming around.

Quoting goodnightmama:

Quoting armywife13143:

• QueenBee107
    November 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I am sure my inlaws think I am an alcoholic because I drink sometimes and they don't believe in drinking at all. oh well. 

Quoting goodnightmama:

I know right? But they always have to find something I have done wrong. Last time I was supposedly an alcoholic because they saw me with a four loko. Lol I normally brush it off as to not cause conflict.

Quoting QueenBee107:

I am sorry. what a load of crap from the inlaws. 

• redvelvet42
    November 27, 2012 at 6:02 PM

these are your children. not theirs and in the end you have to do what you feel is best for your babies. so long as you n hubby are on the same page you r fine.

y should u fill ur babies heads with this myth and nonsense. i say that the truth is best. both of my parents grew up really really poor so when they married and had the three of us. they chose to tell us the truth about christmas, easter, halloween, thanksgiving, july 4 th, etc. my dad always said he wanted his children to know exactly what he did for them so there was no way he would teach us about cultural myths. and i appreciate that so much as an adult.

i remember when my 11 yr old was in pre-school she told her bestie that santa did not exist. the kid freaked out. both sets of parents were called in because the girl was distraught and had to leave school early. smdh! over a myth.

• rgba
    by rgba
    November 27, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    I keep trying to tell my DS that santa is pretend, and I don't think he believes me :/
  • skyelyns_mommie
    November 27, 2012 at 7:21 PM

lol hell my would have been mil (( i didnt marry my ex thankfully)) yelled at me because i told her i planned to tell my daughter santa was real and let her figure it out when she was older like my mom did. she said i was the "devil" and teaching my daughter to whorship deamons lol

• ambermario4ever
    November 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM

My mom did Santa with me. But it think it is stupid. We never have and never will do Santa. My kids know he is not real and that all gifts come from either mom and dad, grandma and grandpa,thier aunt or one of my aunts. So I must be a horrible mom as well. Lol.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN