The CafeMom Newcomers Club

RosePetalTears
Innotab 2
November 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM

my mil bought all 3 of my kids(6,4,3)one of these for christmas this yr along with an ac adapter, a case and a screen protector.

Does anyone have one of these? Tips? Tricks? Headaches? Can you use cartridges as well as apps?

This version does not have wifi. I will have to connect them to my laptop with a usb in order to upload new apps.

Replies

• RosePetalTears
    November 27, 2012 at 2:47 PM

BUMP!

• jiffypop2207
    November 27, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    I have leappads but one thing I would look into is that at least with mine instead of buying the cartridge I just download the games from the app store, leapfrog allows you to download to 3 devices at once,so you don't have to buy multiple cartridges or risk the kids fighting over one. I would assume vtech does something similar
  • TonyaO
    by TonyaO
    November 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    We just bought an innotab 2s and am wondering the same thing. She is 2.5 so I'm not sure which features the will use the most.
  • ff-princess
    November 29, 2012 at 5:38 AM

we had some repairs being done to our car yesterday, so we got a rental.  one of these was under the backseat.  I had to see what it was all about to see if this would finish up my holiday shopping for my 3 and 5 year olds.  I'm glad I tried it, because they would have been very disappointed with the quality and loooooong loading times, even to go back to the home page.  we have a samsung galaxy tablet that they often use, and this would have been frutrating for them.  the video quality is not that great either and that would be one of their favorite thing to use.  bottom line is that I was glad I was able to try it before we bought them, because they would have just sat on the table for the next year.

you can purchase apps online, or you can use cartridges.  the one we saw yesterday was using a cartridge.  and the rental agency was forever grateful that we found it, and returned it.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN