The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Crazylovingfam
What would of you done in this situation?
November 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Today I was leaving walmart, parked in one of the parking spots at the end of the row. As I was backing out a guy came around the corner and hit me. When I got out and looked at both cars, there was no damage on his and very little scratching on mine. I asked him what he wanted to do? He said just to give him some cash and we would drop it. I explained to him I do not carry cash, I also do not feel responsible for the accident, nor is there any damage to his vehicle and if he wants any money from me he is going to have to go through my insurance. He looked at me and said okay we will go through insurance. I told him okay well we will have to get a police report then to determine whos fault it is. I went to call and he said "No, dont call! Never mind we will just drop it." and he got in his car and drove off. What would you do?

Replies

• SterlingHeart
    November 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM

let it go 

• Crazylovingfam
    November 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM

BTW I left. IDK if I should call the cops and make a report (I am sure walmart has cameras too) or just drop it. Truthfully I didnt want to wait for thd cops because it was getting to nap time for my 2 year old who was already grouchy

• Angelanscalf89
    November 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM
    I would have got his license plate # and called the cops.
  • strictmomhere
    Theres nothing you can do now :(
  • deloit
    by deloit
    drop it.he probaly didnt have insurance or license
  • skymama10
    November 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    That my friend means he has no insurance. Doesn't really matter now.
  • AmaliaD
    by AmaliaD
    November 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM

i would tell him  - no one is ever "at fault"  in a parking lot.   and by the way he ran when  you talked about the police report to get right with the law (idk if he is lacking insurance or has warrents for his arrest but running like that shows guilt in some way.)  

• Crazylovingfam
    November 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Quoting AmaliaD:

i would tell him  - no one is ever "at fault"  in a parking lot.   and by the way he ran when  you talked about the police report to get right with the law (idk if he is lacking insurance or has warrents for his arrest but running like that shows guilt in some way.)  

Really? I didnt know that? I was just going to let the cop make the determination. I have full coverage insurance, with accident forgiveness (that I never used), and a $0 deductable so it really wasnt a huge deal to me.

• kdgord
    by kdgord
    November 26, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    The parking lot was private property so the police would write a report only for insurance reasons. They wouldn't do anything else about the accident really. Since you don't seem to be worried about the damage to your car then you are best to just drop it.
  • frankiesma530
    November 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM

There's no damage to your car? I'd probably let it go.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts