The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
goodnightmama
Im scared Eta update
November 26, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Yesterday I noticed a walnut size bump in the right side of my jaw. It is just before the joint. It is not painful unless you touch it. I am really hoping it is just an infection rather then something more serious. After I get the kids to school my dh will be taking me in to figure it out. I am worried and scared.

Wish me luck

The doc thinks it might just be lymph node.
But she said if it doesnt go down within a week I will need to have it biopsied to check for cancer and such and I will also have to see an ear nose and throat doc.

Replies

• PerfectVirgo
    November 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Hmm. I used to get large cysts on my jaw. They were painful if I played with it, but always went away on their own. Is it on your neck? Could be a lymph node.

• PerfectVirgo
    November 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Side note - my mom always said it was because I talked to much. ;)

• goodnightmama
    November 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    Lining it up with my finger it is right below the outer corner of my eye lining my jaw line. I am probably worrying to much because besides the average cold or flu I never get sick or have to go to the doctor. That and normally when someone in my family goes in for something that seems to small ends up to be a life changing problem. I am really hoping I can come back on here to tell everyone I was just overreacting.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Hmm. I used to get large cysts on my jaw. They were painful if I played with it, but always went away on their own. Is it on your neck? Could be a lymph node.

• PerfectVirgo
    November 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I probably look ridiculous trying to figure out where it is on my face. lol. Couldn't find it.

Inshallah, it'll be nothing hun. :) I'll keep you in my prayers. And keep us informed.

Quoting goodnightmama:

Lining it up with my finger it is right below the outer corner of my eye lining my jaw line. I am probably worrying to much because besides the average cold or flu I never get sick or have to go to the doctor. That and normally when someone in my family goes in for something that seems to small ends up to be a life changing problem. I am really hoping I can come back on here to tell everyone I was just overreacting.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

• goodnightmama
    November 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    Thank you

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

I probably look ridiculous trying to figure out where it is on my face. lol. Couldn't find it.

Inshallah, it'll be nothing hun. :) I'll keep you in my prayers. And keep us informed.

Quoting goodnightmama:

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

• PlaysAllDay
    November 26, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    Are you sick at all? In Sept, I had a huge lump between my ear and eye, and behind my ear, and in my neck and it was swollen nodes. It took Weeks for them to go away with antibiotics. I had a sinus infection and ear infection and I didn't even feel sick at all.
  • goodnightmama
    November 26, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    For a few weeks have felt congested and have had a cough. Last week I had a fever and throwing up, got over that part though. I also have some wisdom teeth acting up that need to be pulled. I have to wait until tax season to get them pulled though because they have to be surgically removed and with no insurance it will cost at $1500 if not more. This is why I am thinking it is most likely an infection but am worried/scared of it not being an infection. I know I am overreacting, I have to be.

Quoting PlaysAllDay:

Are you sick at all? In Sept, I had a huge lump between my ear and eye, and behind my ear, and in my neck and it was swollen nodes. It took Weeks for them to go away with antibiotics. I had a sinus infection and ear infection and I didn't even feel sick at all.
  • ja2010
    by ja2010
    November 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I would too hope it is just something small nothing too serious good luck.

• goodnightmama
    November 26, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    Thank you

Quoting ja2010:

I would too hope it is just something small nothing too serious good luck.

• goodnightmama
    November 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    Bump

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN