The CafeMom Newcomers Club

LCWAmommy
My kids are so spoiled
November 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM
My kids can have anything they want for dinner on their birthday (within reason). So i asked my oldest what she wanted for her birthday dinner today and she asked for stuffed pork chops, roasted potatoes, salad and carrot cake.
I have been cooking all day! Right now I am sitting for 30 minuets while the cakes cool and the pork chops soak up the seasoning then back to the kitchen I go to chop taters, make frosting and throw the chops on The grill I'm tired!

Replies

• Docgirl2000
    November 25, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    I dont think theyre spoiled. I think theyre lucky and youre an awesome mom for being so willing to give a wonderful bday dinner. My parents still do this for each of us on our bdays. Good luck with your dinner. I hope you and your dd enjoy it!
  • Grumpylilpixy
    November 25, 2012 at 6:27 PM
    Sounds like a great bday idea.
  • Nolanzo
    by Nolanzo
    November 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    We did too when we were growing up... or we could opt to wait for a non-school night and pick a reasonably priced restaurant :)
  • mom_dl6
    by mom_dl6
    November 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM

OMG that sounds super yummy...I say Cheers to you Mom your AWESOME !!

• strictmomhere
    November 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    Great meal she picked lol
  • LCWAmommy
    November 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    They love getting to pick dinner. My youngest picked BBQ chicken baked potatos and green beans for her birthday in February lol I froze my tush off bbqing in the rain.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

• PestPatti
    November 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

My mom still did that with us, until she died.   I did it with my sons, but now I take them to dinner.  They get to pick the restaurant.  

Next weekend both are taking me out for my birthday.    I'm excited as I haven't seen my oldest since October.  

• Grumpylilpixy
    November 25, 2012 at 6:52 PM
    What a sweet mom. They will remember it that is the awesome part.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

They love getting to pick dinner. My youngest picked BBQ chicken baked potatos and green beans for her birthday in February lol I froze my tush off bbqing in the rain.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

• alexsmomaubrys2
    November 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

We do the same for Birthdays. They also get to do whatever they want on their special day too.

• militarywife09
    November 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    My mom used to do that, but I always chose pizza lol.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN