godsgirl26
Hardwood floors i cant stand them.
November 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Although they are soooo nice I'm so tired of our hardwood floors. My home is always cold, these floors get dirty to fast I'm so done. The next home we buy i will be having carpet thr out my whole home.

Replies

• PinkButterfly66
    November 24, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Put down area rugs.

• TheMrs407
    November 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    I'm the opposite. I hate carpet. I think hardwood is with every penny and effort.
  • godsgirl26
    November 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    I have rugs down :(

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Put down area rugs.

• godsgirl26
    November 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    I'm with you im done with hardwood. Unless like another woman said something about heating but i still don't know because they still get dirty very fast.

Quoting tifbrown:

I hate my hardwood. I mean it is beautiful, or rather it was beautiful, but it is a pain in the ass. Mine isn't sealed, so I can't mop it, has to be done by hand. And, between kids and dogs it looks like shit. It will be a bitch to refinish one day. I would never have it again.

• do11face
    November 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM

It's cold in california? haha!
    You will never convince me to love carpet, lol.

I think it's gross. I cant help it. I will be so happy when we move and get rid of it all.

Quoting godsgirl26:

We use to live in Texas (weatherford) texas and i loved it. The house we had out there the carpet was really nice we had the padding under the carpet which costs extra but it was comfortable walking on so we didn't mind having carper at all.
    We are in Cali now and its cold these days :(

Quoting do11face:

I live in Texas so cold isn't really an issue for us but I can see how it would be if you live somewhere with harsher weather.

Quoting godsgirl26:

I have rugs. I love this large one in the living room & in our dinning room i think i will get one long one for the hallway.

Quoting do11face:

I'm the opposite.

I loathe carpet.
    I had large area rugs when we had all hardwoods.

I want our next house to not have any carpet.

• noahsmom310
    November 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    I could never live in a house with carpet. Carpet grosses me out
  • Due9
    by Due9
    November 24, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Funny because we have carpet and I always wanted hardwood because they look so elegant. After your post, I may have to reconsider because I am not cleaning floors everyday!

• christina0607
    November 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM

It snows in California. They have a real winter in northern Cali, just like the East Coast. Big Bear is probably one of the most popular ski areas in the country.

Quoting do11face:

I think it's gross. I cant help it. I will be so happy when we move and get rid of it all.

• do11face
    November 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I was just kind of teasing. I know they have mountains and stuff.

Quoting christina0607:

It snows in California. They have a real winter in northern Cali, just like the East Coast. Big Bear is probably one of the most popular ski areas in the country.

Quoting do11face:

• mstricey
    November 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    I can't wait to have hardwood floors. I'm so sick of carpet.