godsgirl26
Hardwood floors i cant stand them.
November 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Although they are soooo nice I'm so tired of our hardwood floors. My home is always cold, these floors get dirty to fast I'm so done. The next home we buy i will be having carpet thr out my whole home.

Replies

• XJetX
    by XJetX
    November 24, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    When we build our home we will still have hardwood floors, but we are having heated flooring.
  • Ktina11
    by Ktina11
    November 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    We only have one room with laminant (sp?) wood flooring and it is so cold. I agree completely with you!!
  • Mazie0723

I can't wait to get into our new house that is all hardwood.lol Why not get carpet?

• godsgirl26
    Hmmm, i didnt know you can have them heated. My husband is a carpenter so he put the floors in i wish we would have known about this.

Quoting XJetX:

When we build our home we will still have hardwood floors, but we are having heated flooring.
  • FooLynRoo
    November 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Those floors dont get any dirtier than carpet, only in carpet you can't see it because it creeps down into it.

that's gross.

get some nice area rugs, its fine.

• kaygarcia97
    November 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    We have hardwood and I love it
  • norahsmommy
    November 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    Carpet gets just as dirty, you just don't see it. You just end up walking and playing on filth you can't see :(. I love that carpet is warm and squishy but I hate how dirty it gets. I'd rather just wear non skid fuzzy socks or slippers and have floors that canbe cleaned effectively.
  • XJetX
    by XJetX
    November 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    It's to heat the whole house. SO does HVAC, so he knows all about it. It's bloody we'll expensive, but he says its worth it. When he first mentioned it I thought he meant it was just to warm the floor up. I'm like come on now, I can put on some damn slippers lol. Then he explained how its a way of heating the whole house

Quoting godsgirl26:

Hmmm, i didnt know you can have them heated. My husband is a carpenter so he put the floors in i wish we would have known about this.

Quoting XJetX:

• godsgirl26
    November 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    We just replaced our carpets. Maybe i should go back to carpets.

Quoting Mazie0723:

I can't wait to get into our new house that is all hardwood.lol Why not get carpet?

• tifbrown
    November 24, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I hate my hardwood. I mean it is beautiful, or rather it was beautiful, but it is a pain in the ass. Mine isn't sealed, so I can't mop it, has to be done by hand. And, between kids and dogs it looks like shit. It will be a bitch to refinish one day. I would never have it again.