The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
KadynsMommy806
Family cancelled Thanksgiving
November 21, 2012 at 10:35 PM

So we are moving out of state in January, and the family decides to CANCEL Thanksgiving this year...Aunts and uncles are too busy, my siblings all have other plans, my mom is going to her bf's family, and my dad is going to a friends, and to top if off my DH is gone getting things ready at our new home, so I'm gonna be sitting here alone with my  kids eating mac n cheese and hot dogs! I'm a little bummed that my family does this on our last foreseeable Thanksgiving here :( anyways just venting and feeling sorry for myself!

Replies

• zanderNerynMOM
    November 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

HUGS

• _WC_Mama
    November 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I am so sorry :-(

• waffa
    by waffa
    November 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM

while that sucks, you can do a mini turkey day; turkey breast and or leg w/ thigh attached with all the sides, just mini sized for you and the kids... get to the store tonight and get going momma.

Quoting KadynsMommy806:

So we are moving out of state in January, and the family decides to CANCEL Thanksgiving this year...Aunts and uncles are too busy, my siblings all have other plans, my mom is going to her bf's family, and my dad is going to a friends, and to top if off my DH is gone getting things ready at our new home, so I'm gonna be sitting here alone with my  kids eating mac n cheese and hot dogs! I'm a little bummed that my family does this on our last foreseeable Thanksgiving here :( anyways just venting and feeling sorry for myself!

• frndlyfn
    November 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I agree. Do a pared down one for you and kids.

• reche1978
    November 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

dont let that ruin your day you can make a feast for you and your kids

• PerfectVirgo
    November 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    I agree with pp. do it up single mama style!
  • jessimicuh
    November 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    You can still get last minute things for you and your kids to have a small meal together. Hugs mama.
  • KadynsMommy806
    November 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I asked my kids what they wanted and they said mac n cheese and hot dogs. We don't have that food in our house often so they are quite excited. Much more excited than they would be for turkey!

Quoting waffa:

while that sucks, you can do a mini turkey day; turkey breast and or leg w/ thigh attached with all the sides, just mini sized for you and the kids... get to the store tonight and get going momma.

Quoting KadynsMommy806:

• waffa
    by waffa
    November 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

No offense, but quit yer bitchin'!

if they want mac & cheese then make it, but perhaps make some tgiving type food too so you feel better?

Quoting KadynsMommy806:

I asked my kids what they wanted and they said mac n cheese and hot dogs. We don't have that food in our house often so they are quite excited. Much more excited than they would be for turkey!

Quoting waffa:

Quoting KadynsMommy806:

• Dzyre1115
    November 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I'm sorry!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN