Dimples04
I'm sore from the massage
November 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I'm 37.3 weeks pregnant & got a pedicure today with dd (8) it was AMAZING. I never get to pamper myself so my mom treated us. The massaging chair felt great, it wasn't to hard but just felt so good to my tight/stressed muscles. Now I'm sore from the massage. Lol. Irony at it's finest.
Anyone else been sore like that?

Replies

• wildlilacs
    November 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    Yes, it can happen, especially if muscles were really tight and was overworked to loosen them. Felt good at the time though, didnt it.
  • Dimples04
    November 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    Yes! Almost an hour of it was like a happy lil dream. Lol

Quoting wildlilacs:

Yes, it can happen, especially if muscles were really tight and was overworked to loosen them. Felt good at the time though, didnt it.
  • frndlyfn
    November 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Yup after every good massage i get sore.  Usuallythe person realigns the muscles and body isnt used to that lol.

• waffa
    by waffa
    November 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I have a bad back/neck, so anything touching that hurts after a minute or so...

• Aurora-Dove
    November 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

It can happen if your muscles are really tight. Drink lots of water...sounds strange but it works. A deep massage is like a workout, if the muscles aren't use to being used it creates soreness.

• TableforSeven
    November 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I was sent to a massage therapist (as well as to PT and a chiropractor) after a car accident a few years ago.  The massages were actually making me feel sick and in more pain.  I stayed with the chiropractor for a bit and did all the PT I needed....but stopped the massages quickly.