The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dimples04
I'm sore from the massage
November 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I'm 37.3 weeks pregnant & got a pedicure today with dd (8) it was AMAZING. I never get to pamper myself so my mom treated us. The massaging chair felt great, it wasn't to hard but just felt so good to my tight/stressed muscles. Now I'm sore from the massage. Lol. Irony at it's finest.
Anyone else been sore like that?

Replies

• wildlilacs
    November 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    Yes, it can happen, especially if muscles were really tight and was overworked to loosen them. Felt good at the time though, didnt it.
  • Dimples04
    November 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    Yes! Almost an hour of it was like a happy lil dream. Lol

Quoting wildlilacs:

Yes, it can happen, especially if muscles were really tight and was overworked to loosen them. Felt good at the time though, didnt it.
  • frndlyfn
    November 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Yup after every good massage i get sore.  Usuallythe person realigns the muscles and body isnt used to that lol.

• waffa
    by waffa
    November 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I have a bad back/neck, so anything touching that hurts after a minute or so...

• Aurora-Dove
    November 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

It can happen if your muscles are really tight. Drink lots of water...sounds strange but it works. A deep massage is like a workout, if the muscles aren't use to being used it creates soreness.

• TableforSeven
    November 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I was sent to a massage therapist (as well as to PT and a chiropractor) after a car accident a few years ago.  The massages were actually making me feel sick and in more pain.  I stayed with the chiropractor for a bit and did all the PT I needed....but stopped the massages quickly.

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN