The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
MommaGreenhalge
what would you expect? *Update*
November 21, 2012 at 2:52 AM
I'm about to be offered a full time position at my store managing the stockroom. My husband is unemployed right now and looking for a job, but I don't want to take this job if all it's going to do is pay for daycare while we're both working. I'm not supposed to know about this offer or any of the events about to happen that are making this job available, so I can't really ask about it. So what kind of salary wuld you expect for a position like that? *Update* He ended up offering me a choice between the stockrooom and a lower management position. I took the latter. It's about a dollar more than what I'm making now and still part time, but it comes with opportunities for advancement, which the stockrom job didn't have. I was also offered a job as Children's Pastor at our church starting in March, and my husband got a job. So our biggest issue now is finding affordable childcare.

Replies

• frndlyfn
    November 21, 2012 at 2:57 AM

not sure what the going rate for managers is but at least. 14/hr   No clue for salary.  That is something that would have to be discussed with HR.

haha according to this site i am way underexpecting ......... http://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/retail-store-manager-salary-SRCH_KO0,20.htm

• MommaGreenhalge
    November 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM
    It's technically not a real management position, but the only other full time employees are managers. So I don't really have a salary to compare to. Our store managers make in the 50-60K range.
  • TTC2Long
    November 21, 2012 at 3:04 AM
    I would calculate what I'd need to make to cover current household expenses and childcare, add % tac bracket you're in and divide that by hours worked.
  • TTC2Long
    November 21, 2012 at 3:05 AM
    And you can ask for the pay rate when they make the offer and ask for a 24 period to discuss it with your dh.
  • MommaGreenhalge
    November 21, 2012 at 3:09 AM
    Our expenses in order to get off of assistance, not counting health insurance, total conservatively 30K per year. PP posted an expectation of $14 per hour, which is just over 29K per year. If I could get that, then DH could find a pt job and go back to school, which is the goal right now.

Quoting TTC2Long:

I would calculate what I'd need to make to cover current household expenses and childcare, add % tac bracket you're in and divide that by hours worked.

• MommaGreenhalge
    November 21, 2012 at 3:12 AM
    I'm planning to do that. I'm just trying to figure out what to expect so I can mentally prepare. Also, DH applied for a concrete job yesterday, and I don't know if he should take it if it's only going to be for a couple of months.

Quoting TTC2Long:

And you can ask for the pay rate when they make the offer and ask for a 24 period to discuss it with your dh.

• TTC2Long
    November 21, 2012 at 3:16 AM
    40hrs/wk x 51wks = 2040 hours/yr. So 30,000/2040=14.70. So there's your minimum! :)

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Our expenses in order to get off of assistance, not counting health insurance, total conservatively 30K per year. PP posted an expectation of $14 per hour, which is just over 29K per year. If I could get that, then DH could find a pt job and go back to school, which is the goal right now.

Quoting TTC2Long:

• MommaGreenhalge
    November 21, 2012 at 3:28 AM
    It's a salaried position. Much simpler to just say 30K. :)

Quoting TTC2Long:

40hrs/wk x 51wks = 2040 hours/yr. So 30,000/2040=14.70. So there's your minimum! :)

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

Quoting TTC2Long:

• frndlyfn
    November 21, 2012 at 3:35 AM

WOW so my 14 was just a little bit off?   What are you being paid now for where you work?

• MommaGreenhalge
    November 21, 2012 at 3:43 AM
    Right at $8 per hour as a part time associate.

Quoting frndlyfn:

WOW so my 14 was just a little bit off?   What are you being paid now for where you work?

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts