GiggleBellies
Woman Keeps Dead Husband for 3yrs and has kids feed him
November 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM

here is the story below this shit is crazy....

Woman Keeps Dead Husband for 3 Years & Has Kids Feed Him

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber
on November 20, 2012 at 8:09 AM

bedI'm just going to cut to the chase here: A woman kept her dead husband in her bed for three years and had her five (young) homeschooled children feed him a special broth and talk to him. There, I said it. According to investigators: "The children, who were worried for their mother and realized their father was dead, would tell her that he talked to them and ate the food." (They apparently also masked the awful smell with air fresheners.)

All came to a screeching halt, though, when the family had to move out of their apartment, and two of the girls -- ages 9 and 14 -- decided it was time to get rid of dad, so they disposed of him in the bushes. The end.

Well, not really. As you may suspect, things didn't exactly go smoothly when the girls were trying to ditch their dad. I mean, the man was dead for three years.

Warning: Grim stuff ahead.

More from The Stir: Woman Sits Next to Dead Boyfriend for 9 Hours on Plane

When the girls -- who never in a million years should have been put in this position -- tried to dispose of their father via putting him in garbage bags and leaving him in the bushes, his head and right hand fell off. I know. So, they had to put him in a dumpster. I know. Amazingly, after police investigated this horrifying situation, they determined that A) although the mother was (clearly!) unstable, she posed no threat to anyone (what about traumatizing her kids?); and B) her children miraculously all seem mentally stable. Hopefully, they'll be placed in good care now -- far, far away from their mom.

This is one of those things that if you saw it in a movie, you'd be like, "Yeah, okay, sure that would happen." But the truth is clearly stranger than fiction, as it did. And it's awful. 

I'm amazed that these poor children all checked out to be fine right now, but I can't help but wonder what's going to happen in years to come. I mean, a 9-year-old girl saw her father's head snap off. There's no way that won't have a lasting effect. These poor, poor kids. Ugh. This really is one of the most disturbing stories ever. Hopefully, this woman will get some much-needed help also. Awful all around.

What do you think of this?

Replies

• Oceana09
    November 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess and say mommy snapped when daddy passed away. I feel sorry for everyone involved. It makes you wonder if the woman was so far gone mentally that she even realized the man laying in her bed was dead.

• saraface5383
    November 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    Well shit, now i wanna know how he died!
  • MommaLaura
    Wow! So sad for all involved. I wonder where the dads family and friends were. Gosh just wow!
  • Jynnifer292

OMG

• VirgoMom07
    November 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    I just don't understand how the body wasn't completely decomposed in 3 years...
  • lovemyirish
    November 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    And how just air freshners masked the smell.

Quoting VirgoMom07:

I just don't understand how the body wasn't completely decomposed in 3 years...
  • kansasmom1978
    November 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I think it's sad for all those involved. I am thinking the mom lost it when dad died. The kids were trying to help by covering it up. Wrong as it may be. I hope they all get help.

• GiggleBellies
    November 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM

bump

• rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    November 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

what if they acted like that because the father was crazy? and how did the father side of the family not know?!

• Sunshine2plus2
    November 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM

oh my!