ilovemymixedbby
Whats on the menu for thanksgiving
November 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

im going to make a bacon fried turkey

Replies

• angelachristine
    November 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM

wow i have never heard of that before. i don't think i'd like it but my dh and kids would be all over something like that. I am having regular turkey, stuffing, salad, pasta salad, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied yams, green been casserole and cinnamon bread. my family isn't big on pumpkin pies or other traditional thanksgiving deserts.

• FooLynRoo
    November 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I'm thinking chicken francaise with scalloped macaroni and pickled beats

dh is probably going to get the chicken parm.

• SuperPickle
    November 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM

MMMM turkey and bacon....yum!

I am doing:

Brined Bourbon Butter Glazed Turkey

Gourmet Green Bean Casserole

8 Layer Salad

Lemon Parmesan Asparagus

Cream Cheese Fruit Salad

Pumpkin Crescent Rolls

Cranberry Cornbread Stuffing

Turnip and Apple Casserole

Southern Comfort Sweet Potatoes

Best Mashed Potatoes

Cranberry Sauce

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Pumpkin Crabberry Cheesecakes

• Cafe Robin
    November 20, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I'm Italian so we always do a pasta dish as a 1st course - this year it'll be baked ziti with sausage and meatballs.

Then, the traditional... turkey, stuffing (2 ways), canberry sauce, gravy, sweet potatoes with mashmallows on top, spinach salad with craisins and pecans, and green beans.

Still working on my recipe for the stuffings - one will be cornbread stuffing and the other will be herbed - and one or both will have cranberries, apples and chestnuts...

We're going to my aunt's house for dessert.

This is my 1st time cooking for Thanksgiving.  I've been doing lots of research and interested in what everyone else is serving - and any tips you all may share here or on other posts!:)

cornucopia  Happy Thanksgiving!!

• armywifey1983
    November 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM

ohmigawd... YUM! We have turkey (I have to remember to tell my mom about the sage butter rub, WOW), stuffing, mashed potatoes (and sweet potatoes), a huge salad with lots of randomness in it, a cheese platter, veggie platter and dip, cranberry sauce from scratch (made it last night, it was so hard to not eat it right there!), pumpkin pie from scratch, pumpkin bread also from scratch, caramel brownies, several types of wine and non alcoholic drinks, and probably more food that I can't think of right now. We'll have leftovers for the rest of the month!

• armywifey1983
    November 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM

As for tips, don't do everything on Thanksgiving Day! Do as much as you can beforehand (anything that should be served cold, for instance). Make (or buy) the pies a few days before, then freeze them until the night before, thawing them in the fridge overnight into Thursday. Make sure you know how many people are coming, and put aside dishes (plus one, you never know) accordingly. Housecleaning, do in the days before. That way, you're not panicking (omg, is the bathroom picked up?!). And here's a big one..  go grocery shopping BEFORE Thursday for last minute items. Most places will be zoos, so avoid them if at all possible. And don't forget to thaw the bird in the fridge, not sitting out on the counter. :D

• BrownEyedGirl86
    November 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    Wow I have never ward of that.

I'm making
    turkey
    sweet potatoes
    Mashed potatoes
    Green beans
    Corn
    Broccoli
    Biscuits
    Stuffed shells
    :::Desserts are:::
    Pudding pie
    Apple pie
    Pumkin pie
    Pudding
    :::Snacks:::
    Crackers
    Pepperoni
    Cheese
    Fresh mozzarella
    Tomatoes

I think that's all lol
  • Zanny
    by Zanny
    November 21, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I just have to pick up pies and my Fresh Turkey today...

but..

Turkey

Stuffing

Mashed potatoes

Gravy

Grean Bean Casserole

Sweet Potatoes (with the marshmallows)

Corn

Butternut Squash

Cranberry Sauce

Rolls

Celery, Olive, PIckle Platter

Cheese, Pepperoni & Crackers

Shrimp Cocktails

Apple Pie (already made)

Banana Cream Pie

Chocolate Cream Pie

Coconut Cream Pie

all made from Scratch...  Even the pies I pick up are... and they are made by the Amish

• pinkcoffeecup
    November 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I'm doing Emerils Brined herb roasted turkey. Got that one off the Food Network.  Then roasted sweet potatoes,mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, pumpkin pie and rolls.

• msthang88
    November 21, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Turkey

ham

gravy

loaded mashed potatoes

cornbread dressing

homemade mac and cheese

green bean casserole

sweet potato casserole

devild eggs

homemade blueberry cake