The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
mamacam7
What do you do when....? (advice)
November 20, 2012 at 1:16 PM

What do you do when your child is being bullied but instead of telling a teacher, they decide to act out and disrupt the whole class?

My 7 yr old ds is being bullied at school. Everyday at recess this other child will knock him down and call him mean names. Instead of talking to the teacher about it he will run away, throw things and today even locked himself in the bathroom. I don't know what to do. When he finally tells me what happened after I already brought him home and checked him out of school, I will call the principal and let her know. I spoke to his teacher at confrences last week and keep in contact with her as much as possible. For a couple days they seemed like they were going to try to be friends but obviously it is not working out. How do I get him to understand that it is not his fault and the teachers are there to help? How do I make him understand that by acting the way he does, he is the one getting in trouble and kicked out of school instead of the other child?

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    November 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Go volunteer to be a recess aid.

• mamacam7
    November 20, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I can't, I have a two year old at home and they have recess right as my 4 yro dd is getting out of preschool.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Go volunteer to be a recess aid.

• mamacam7
    November 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM

bump

• mamacam7
    November 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM

bump

• mamacam7
    November 20, 2012 at 1:35 PM

bump

• mamacam7
    November 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM

bump

• mamacam7
    November 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM

anyone?

• mamacam7
    November 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM

bump

• mamacam7
    November 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM

bump

• rune777
    by rune777
    November 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM

i would recomend having a coversation withthe other kids mom if that dosint work you may need to swich him to a difrint school maby a new start will help him not act out

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN