The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
a06z08mama
starving for male attention?
November 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM
SO and I were talking about it last night after the kids went to sleep. He asked if the ex got on the floor and played with them or not. I said he used to. Which now with his gf he probably doesn't because he is too far up her ass.

I thought it was still showing off. I mean as soon as he walks in the door they both act like they are hyped on sugar.

Cousin it be a little of both? Or just that they aren't getting any real attention from their dad?

Replies

• Y2kmomma
    November 20, 2012 at 8:12 AM
    I'm confused....
    But it sounds like they are excited to see him that's why they get all hyper.
  • lucky2Beeme
    November 20, 2012 at 8:13 AM

could be both or could be they really like SO. My kids always went nuts when daddy got home from work. I guess after 9 hours with me they wanted him.

• a06z08mama
    November 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM
    He comes over for supper every Monday night. I don't work "normal" 9-5 hours or anything like that. And sometimes on my weekend with the kids we all hang out together.

Like I told him last night. He isn't somebody that has been in their lives from the beginning. So he is still "new" to them. Sometimes I think they just like showing off.

Heck I still giddy around him too! So maybe he has that affect on them too?? :)
  • alwayskk
    November 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Do you mean that your children act different when your new boyfriend is around?

And you're wondering if they're starved for male attention or just showing off because he's new?

I say both. I'm in the same boat.

• wildlilacs
    November 20, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    Could be they want attention, any attention. Not saying you dont give them enough. They are kids. Young kids, I take it.
    Your bf is new, give it a few more months, the novelty will were off.
  • a06z08mama
    November 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM
    Yes. They have been around him since beg of July. So I thought the "newness" would wear off by now. But I guess not! Lol

Quoting alwayskk:

Do you mean that your children act different when your new boyfriend is around?

And you're wondering if they're starved for male attention or just showing off because he's new?

I say both. I'm in the same boat.

• LaughingTattoo
    November 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM

My children acted the same way when they first met my husband. They got giddy and climbed all over him. I worried it would weird him out as he has no children of his own. Literally, within 30 minutes my kids were using him as a jungle gym. He took it like a champ. Theyve calmed down now.

They have a place for their step father. He indulges them in ways their father does not. He urges their creativity with art projects and writing stories. Their father is strict, not really the "playing" type, was never there when they were little, and is still pretty busy all the time now (he lives with his parents so when they are with him, they are really with his parents but he does love them).

• a06z08mama
    November 20, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    That's great!

My SO's are grown. And mine are 6.5 & almost 5. Its so nice to see him with the kids like he is. He is very "manly" himself. Hunts (lots of things) fishes (not just to drink beer) and knows how to have fun without alcohol (like their dad does).

Sometimes I feel like they are getting another dad who really cares about them. I don't force it upon him at all. He has taken it upon himself to take the role on.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

My children acted the same way when they first met my husband. They got giddy and climbed all over him. I worried it would weird him out as he has no children of his own. Literally, within 30 minutes my kids were using him as a jungle gym. He took it like a champ. Theyve calmed down now.

They have a place for their step father. He indulges them in ways their father does not. He urges their creativity with art projects and writing stories. Their father is strict, not really the "playing" type, was never there when they were little, and is still pretty busy all the time now (he lives with his parents so when they are with him, they are really with his parents but he does love them).

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts