The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
kandi2100
besides getting fixed
November 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM
What birthcontrol method,do u find most effrctive besides getting fixed of course lol. I plan on getting fixed but nervous and scared about it. So right now I plan on getting on something until I go to get fixed. I was already on BC pills but thats how I got pregnant dont want to go that route again lol thanks ladies

Replies

• shaunaleigh418
    November 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    Why not have your husband get fixed? It's less invasive, safer, cheaper and he'll heal faster than you!
  • ack86
    by ack86
    November 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    I'm using depo until I get my tubes tied.
  • Numom61507
    November 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Abstinence. It's the only fool-proof method lol

• romanceparty4u
    November 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

abstinence is a sure fire treatment.

Or, get HIM FIXED.

• TableforSeven
    November 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

We are done having babies....have been for over 9 years....but do not believe in doing anything permanent.  I was on the pill for a while...tried two different pills but neither was agreeing with my body too well.  For the last 5 1/2 years I have been in Mirena.  I had the first one for the full 5 years and got the second one the day the first was removed.  Mirena has been awesome for me.

• frndlyfn
    November 20, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I used the bc patch.  I loved that there were no pills to take nor shots to take.

• JP-StrongForTwo
    November 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM

well MOST effective would be NO SEX lol

using the pill AND the condom would work best i would think. 

• krayzbabylove
    November 20, 2012 at 12:56 AM
    Drop worked for me.
  • Marimaru
    November 20, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I was on Depo for 7 years before having kids, then the pill for 2.  I had an IUD after my first baby was born, and after the 2nd baby was born.  All of the above have worked for me.

Depo *may* be responsible for some of my weight gain, but I'm responsible for plenty without blaming that, lol.  I also was depressed for many years while on Depo, but never related it until years later looking back... it may or may not have been.  The Mirena IUD I am on my 2nd of and I recommend it.  (Also, both of my sisters use the Mirena without issue, and both of them are on their 2nd of that also).

• emandab
    by emandab
    November 20, 2012 at 4:04 AM

I've had the Implanon for 2 1/2 years now.  BC doesn't work for me because they put me on low-dose for family history.  I haven't had any problems with it other than spotting, but I had that problem on the bc too so...

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts