The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Crazylovingfam
Forgot my car payment
November 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
It was due the 9th. I know I have a 10 day grace, so it is late. Ugh!!!

Replies

• frndlyfn
    November 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

How did you forget it?   Eek I would hate to be in your shoes.  Did you call them as soon as you realized this?

• blsdbyangel07
    November 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    Uh ohh!
  • TableforSeven
    November 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Life happens.  Send in payment now.  If they have the late charge on the payment slip...send that in right away - if not, just send in regular payment and expect to get a small bill for the difference.  No big deal this one time.

• zeppelinmom
    November 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM
    Oh no! Im so paranoid of the interest rate going up that i am never late. I hope it all works out for you.
  • bamababe1975
    November 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM

That sucks, but everyone forgets something sometimes. As long as you pay it right away, you should be fine although they may or may not report the lateness on your credit report (some give you 30 days past due, some report immediately, some go longer).

***Check out The Marketplace!***

• GaleJ
    by GaleJ
    November 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM

You can probably deal with this without too much trouble as long as this is the first time you've been late or at the very least the first time in a long time. Call them and explain that you forgot and very politely ask for their help. When you ask for help the person to whom you are talking is often motivated to be helpful. Ask what you can do to solve the problem and they may offer to drop any late charge and the report of the late payment. If possible be prepared to pay by phone when you call. I've found this to work on the occasions when this has happened to me, especially if you have a good payment record, good luck.

• FooLynRoo
    November 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Call them right now - if this is your first late - they will proably forgive it.

• FooLynRoo
    November 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Your car loan isn't a fixed rate?

Quoting zeppelinmom:

Oh no! Im so paranoid of the interest rate going up that i am never late. I hope it all works out for you.

• needadvice1983
    November 20, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    And? This is not a big deal if you only do it once. *Firstworldproblems* lol
  • Crazylovingfam
    November 20, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    I forgot because I have had a lot on my mind. They are only charging me a $10 late fee and not reporting it to the credit

Quoting frndlyfn:

How did you forget it?   Eek I would hate to be in your shoes.  Did you call them as soon as you realized this?

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts