The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
NyiaBaby216
Seperation Anxiety
November 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

DS NEVER had this problem until recently....and I honestly couldn't tell you why. DS is 2 yrs old, he'll be 3 at the end of December and out of nowhere, SO (his father) cant go ANYWHERE without DS pitching a fit. He literally stops what he's doing, and breaks into automatic tears, and goes "I wanna give daddy a kiss and a hug." But it can't be where ever they both are, it HAS to be at whatever door, SO is going out of. If I tell him to give daddy a kiss and hug where he is, its the end of the world and he screams louder and louder and is all "I WANNA GIVE DADDY A KISS AND HUG AT THE DOOR!" If I tell him that daddy has to go now, you need to give him a kiss so he can go, he'll cry and cry and cry and scream "daddy" for hours. I mean legit hours.
SO has to work at 7am, so he gets up at 5:45, and leaves by 6:30. All while SO is getting ready, DS is sleeping. But as soon as SO heads towards the door, DS pops out of his sleep crying "I wanna give daddy a kiss and a hug." He hasnt gotten a good nights sleep in about 2 weeks now, maybe 3. SO gets off of work at 3pm, and is home by 3:20 but on Mondays and Wednesday's he leaves at 4 so he can be to school by 4:45 and on Tuesday and Thursday, he leaves at 6pm to get to school by 6:45pm. We go through the same thing. SO cant go to the store without DS crying to say bye to him. We've actually JUST went through this, so DS is sitting on my lap as I type this. He's falling asleep though, so he's calming down, but I dont get why he goes through this every day. It breaks my heart...what can I do?

Replies

• kappalopokis
    November 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM
    My stepson got that way with me starting at age 2, and lasting until he stared pre-k at almost 4. I was in the hospital for one day when he was 2 (and 3 months). After that he would scream a cry for me when I'd just go out to the mail box. He is 5 now, and still protective if me, and very clingy.

It'll pass with time. There might have been a trigger. Just make sure he knows dad is coming back!
  • NyiaBaby216
    November 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I always tell him daddy is coming back, and he goes "No hes not" I say yes he is and again he goes "No hes not" I say why are you so sad, and he goes "because daddy left me." :( Idk what could have triggered this though

Quoting kappalopokis:

My stepson got that way with me starting at age 2, and lasting until he stared pre-k at almost 4. I was in the hospital for one day when he was 2 (and 3 months). After that he would scream a cry for me when I'd just go out to the mail box. He is 5 now, and still protective if me, and very clingy.

It'll pass with time. There might have been a trigger. Just make sure he knows dad is coming back!

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN