The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Featured Posts
Mesh2
Questions for the Jewish Mothers here...
by Mesh2
November 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Feeling left out by all of the Christmas talk (and it's not even Thanksgiving yet!) ?

Want to talk to other Jewish Mothers on CafeMom?

Not Jewish but have a question for out resident Jews? 

Join us over in the new group Jewish Mothers! 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118176

Everyone is welcome and I cannot wait to see you there!

Shalom, 

Michelle 

Replies

• pamelax3
    November 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I have a question! My son's gf says she is Jewish and celebrates all the holidays but expects Christmas presents, I use traditional wrapping paper for Christmas, do I wrap hers or get a different paper?

• Mesh2
    by Mesh2
    November 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM

She expects Christmas presents? Maybe she just wants to feel included in your family's celebrations. If I were dating a non-Jewish boy and I was a Jewish girl, I think I would appreciate a gift that was wrapped in a non-Christmas specific paper. Perhaps a generic paper might be more appropriate. 

• ButterMeUp
    November 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    She could have her son wraps the gift in a brown paper bag and write a bunch of cute poems and phrases about her in colorful sharpie.

Quoting Mesh2:

She expects Christmas presents? Maybe she just wants to feel included in your family's celebrations. If I were dating a non-Jewish boy and I was a Jewish girl, I think I would appreciate a gift that was wrapped in a non-Christmas specific paper. Perhaps a generic paper might be more appropriate. 

• Mesh2
    by Mesh2
    November 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Sounds like a cute wrapping idea for any occasion :) 

Quoting ButterMeUp:

She could have her son wraps the gift in a brown paper bag and write a bunch of cute poems and phrases about her in colorful sharpie.

Quoting Mesh2:

• frndlyfn
    November 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I have yet to really see any religous wrapping paper.  We always get snowmen for ours LOL  It is more wintery than holiday specific.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    November 19, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I do not keep Christmas or feel left out.  I used to be Christian but I now find myself somewhere between the two religions.  Usually I identify myself with belonging to Karaites.  I have never felt the need to convert.  I keep  all the Holy Days to the best of my ability.  I find myself enjoying them more every year.  They are such a blessing to me.  I occasionally attend a reform synagogue that I enjoy.  The people there are so friendly and welcoming.  I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your post.  Posts like yours are why I am still on CM.  I love it when moms are reaching out to other moms.  

Shalom

• TableforSeven
    November 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

You can always turn the wrapping paper inside out.  I've done hat when I need to wrap a b-day gift and all I have around is Hanukkah wrapping paper.

Quoting pamelax3:

I have a question! My son's gf says she is Jewish and celebrates all the holidays but expects Christmas presents, I use traditional wrapping paper for Christmas, do I wrap hers or get a different paper?

• Mesh2
    by Mesh2
    November 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Awesome! Well, please feel welcome to join us in the group and share your experiences! 

Quoting jen2150:

I do not keep Christmas or feel left out.  I used to be Christian but I now find myself somewhere between the two religions.  Usually I identify myself with belonging to Karaites.  I have never felt the need to convert.  I keep  all the Holy Days to the best of my ability.  I find myself enjoying them more every year.  They are such a blessing to me.  I occasionally attend a reform synagogue that I enjoy.  The people there are so friendly and welcoming.  I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your post.  Posts like yours are why I am still on CM.  I love it when moms are reaching out to other moms.  

Shalom

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    November 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Thank you

Quoting Mesh2:

Awesome! Well, please feel welcome to join us in the group and share your experiences! 

Quoting jen2150:

Shalom

• pamelax3
    November 20, 2012 at 9:28 AM

thank yall for your suggestions. I did not want to offend her with the wrong wrapping! She has also stated that her gifts can not be placed under the tree, do you know anything about this? But she says she can have a stocking? I am sorry about all the questions, I just have never dealt with some one of the Jewish religion that would accept any type of gift at Christmas

Quoting Mesh2:

Sounds like a cute wrapping idea for any occasion :) 

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Quoting Mesh2:

The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts