connorsmom2009
Need cry it out advice.
November 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

So my 11 month old is upstairs crying. It's bedtime. I've fed him, changed his diaper we played he's rubbing his eyes. Should I let him cry it out or should I try and put him to sleep. What do you think? Why or why not?.

Replies

• kappalopokis
    November 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    I would try to CIO unless he's upset for an excessive amount of time. If you stick with it he'll learn self soothe and settle down for bed on his own in just a few days. Just stick with it!

If he doesn't calm down in say 10-15 minutes, go in, tuck him in, kiss him, and leave. Give him 10-15 minutes again. Etc.

• beadingmom17
    November 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    Is he, like, hard-core crying? Or more whining and fussing crying? If it's the second, just let him go. My oldest did that a few times...it was like she was so tired she couldn't go right out.

If he's crying hard, make sure he's not stuck or anything :)
  • samantha.7272
    November 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

What do you usually do? If you are just starting to let him cry it out  then I would go in every 10-15 minutes that he's crying and just pat his back for a few seconds, then leave. If he usually doesn't cry and you lay him down and he goes right to sleep then maybe he isn't feeling good?

• Allinorder
    November 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    I would soothe him. Babies cry for a reason. I tried the CIO method with my oldest and I couldn't do it. I read somewhere you can't spoil a kid till 2 I think.
  • ambermario4ever
    November 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Let him cry he will go to sleep on his own.

• ginger.mom
    November 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I tried to let my 2 yo DS CIO, we gave up after night 3, I went back to rocking him and then laying him down. He still has nights where he will wake up and come into our bed. CIO just didnt work, for us, he could go all night, 10-15 min just him, I come in, and sooth, and repate till 2 am when hubby really needed sleep for work. Good luck!

• marihla
    by marihla
    November 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I would never leave them crying for longer than 15 minutes. I don't do CIO with my children but there are children I've used it with in the past because it's the method their parents use. In my personal opinion, they are calling out to you to solve their problems and you are denying them.

• Kris_PBG
    November 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM
    No - cry it out is aweful and bad for children.

I can't fathom doing that to a child.
  • waffa
    by waffa
    November 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

if it isn't a distress cry, let him go till he cries himself out and falls asleep.

• connorsmom2009
    November 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

BUMP!