connorsmom2009
Need cry it out advice.
November 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

So my 11 month old is upstairs crying. It's bedtime. I've fed him, changed his diaper we played he's rubbing his eyes. Should I let him cry it out or should I try and put him to sleep. What do you think? Why or why not?.

Replies

• greenie63
    November 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Do you have a rocking chair? Pick him up, hug him, rock him until he falls asleep. 

• frndlyfn
    November 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Put him to sleep your regular way if that works.  I personally do not like cio before 15 months old.  Offer him comfort but do not pick him up, rub his back , speak softly, etc.

• Ktina11
    by Ktina11
    November 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM
    We did CIO for all 3 boys before the age of your son. But, I have never regretted it. I just told myself that this was best for all of us. It only took a couple nights and they have been fantastic sleepers since. It isn't for every family but it was best for ours. They are now 5, 4, and nearly 3.
  • Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    November 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I'm not a fan of CIO personally. I did slow transitions for bed time and never had a crying kid. :(

• connorsmom2009
    November 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I'm kinda stuck he used to put himself to sleep but not anymore. I'm losed I don't know what to do.

• GinasMommy412
    November 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    I never left my dd cry for more than 15 minutes. Eventually your little one will fall asleep. Just keep checking if the crying continues.
  • GinasMommy412
    November 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    Maybe try rocking him to try and calm him down?

Quoting connorsmom2009:

I'm kinda stuck he used to put himself to sleep but not anymore. I'm losed I don't know what to do.

• Paperfishies
    November 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    Agree

Quoting Kris_PBG:

No - cry it out is aweful and bad for children.

I can't fathom doing that to a child.

• waffa
    by waffa
    November 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM

if his needs are met, LET HIM CRY or else he will never learn how to soothe himself.

(picture a 20 y/o thinking the world somehow owes him something in life b/c he never learned to soothe his own needs)

Quoting connorsmom2009:

• divinedimension
    November 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM
    Give it ten minutes tops, then pick him up. Babies don't seem to get it that it will be ok, they think mommy is never returning. I really believe that in most cases when babies CIO and seem soothed, it's not that they are actually soothed, they just gave up on anyone caring. They think no one is coming so they stop crying. The last time I let Emi CIO she was trembling and sighing in her sleep...heart breaking.