forsakenjewl24
Thanksgiving right around the corner.
November 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM

i just wanna make sure i have it covered since it's our first time hosting thanksgiving....so please tell me. did i miss something

Baked sweet potaotes, cranberry sauce,garlic mashed potatoes, green beans with almods and bacon, whickey glazed ham, stuffing, apple cider brined turkey with gravy, pecan piue, and a apple cobbler. with home made whipped cream and home made bread.

did we miss anything? ***EDIT***

i believe i left a few things out. ice is in my freezer. drinks taken care of. veggie tray is in there also. gravy is an automatic. used from the turkey...

Replies

• crr317
    by crr317
    November 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Pumkin pie!

• hmommy07
    November 19, 2012 at 10:09 AM

deviled eggs... we have 2 trays of them in our family they go fast!  homemade mac and cheese for the kids

• hmommy07
    November 19, 2012 at 10:10 AM

and we always invite people to bring dessert.  that means we always have lots of goodness afterwards and the host only has to make the main meal and sides

• hmommy07
    November 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM

this is a really good alternative to pumpkin pie.  it was devoured in  minutes last year

PUMPKIN DELIGHT

1 yellow cake mix
    1 stick butter, softened
    1 egg
    Mix together above ingredients. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture, press remaining into 9"x13" greased pan.
    2 eggs, beaten
    Libby's pumpkin pie mix (lg. can)
    2/3 c. evaporated milk
    Mix beaten eggs with pie mix and milk. Pour over cake mixture in pan. Mix reserved cake mix with 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 to 1/2 cup nuts. Sprinkle over pumpkin. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean from pumpkin.
  • LilAsMom526
    November 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    My mom makes sweet potato casserole soo delicious:)
  • LilAsMom526
    November 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    I'm making pumpkin pies this year:) yummy