* That the United States spends more than any other industrialized nation on pregnancy and birth.
* There are 47 other countries (for example, Bosnia, Serbia, Kuwait or South Korea) that have lower maternal death rates that the United States.
* One third of our births are ending in major surgery.
* C-sections are the most performed surgery in this country.
* Forty-six percent of c-sections are repeat c-section. (Not against, c-sections. A c-section saved my life!)
* Women born in the 1980's or early 1990's have twice the chance of dying during pregnancy or birth than their mothers did!
Let's end the Mommy Wars and work towards real change. Become educated about safe birth options and obtaining evidence-based care no matter where or how you chose to birth! Become educated about safer birth options and evidence-based care for your daughters, neighbors, sisters, friends!
I knew from experience some doctors like to push surgeries even if they arent needed. I was lucky in my case that head of ob/gyn was in room when the intern or resident doctor tried that crap. My doctor was orginally from another country so he was on board with my way of thinking about what birth plan was.